Executive Vice President, North America
- Job Title
- Executive Vice President, North America
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT, NORTH AMERICA
The Cultural Intelligence Center (CQC), an innovative, research-based consulting and training company is looking for an Executive Vice President to lead the North American business of the Cultural Intelligence Center, including management of P&L, and working with owners and senior leaders to establish, implement and monitor short and long-term goals, plans, and strategies.
Our business is growing rapidly, and we need an experienced, entrepreneurial business leader to oversee our North American business. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership skills with experience managing B2B sales teams, financial and operational expertise, the ability to attract, retain, and manage top talent, as well as personal commitment to the vision and values of the Cultural Intelligence Center. This role has responsibility for managing our North American business – including segment leaders, budgets, and resources. The Executive Vice President will ensure each business segment meets their individual goals, with accountability to the owners and clients. The person in this role needs to have an entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to adapt quickly. We will rely on you to strengthen and grow our presence, influence, and business across the United States and Canada. This position reports to the President.
The Cultural Intelligence Center (CQC) is changing the way individuals and organizations are approaching diversity and global engagement. Our assessments, training programs, and consulting services are valued by clients from Harvard University, Goldman Sachs, the Department of Defense, and to many small and medium-sized businesses. Based in Grand Rapids, Michigan, our international team of employees includes trainers, consultants, and researchers providing state of the art services that make a real difference in people’s lives.
We are a bright, innovative, dedicated, and collegial team. We are seeking someone who believes in the value of diversity, who is committed to exceeding customer expectations, who recognizes sales opportunities, and who gets excited about growing the business. Equally important is a leadership mindset focused on bringing out the best in each member of the team and creating an environment where people excel professionally and thrive.
Role and Responsibilities:
Oversee CQ Center’s North American P&L
- Work with owners to plan and implement short, mid, and long-term strategies for our North American business
- Oversee budgets and allocate resources strategically to support long-term profitability and growth
- Become a subject matter expert on our business products, processes and operations, and remain up-to-date on industry news
Lead Segment Leaders and Staff
- Maintain and develop organizational culture, values and reputation in the marketplace and with all staff, customers, suppliers, and partners
- Develop and manage the North American leadership team by helping them identify and reach their Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Ensure quality follow-through and delivery of products and services
- Develop, implement, and monitor a North American sales strategy in partnership with company leadership
- Guide segment leaders so they create contract-winning proposals for current and prospective clients
- Present products and services to existing and potential key clients (e.g. presentations, high-level business development calls, etc.)
- Build long-term relationships with decision-makers to support their needs
- Meet and communicate with owners regularly to ensure alignment with company mission, vision, and strategic priorities.
- Ensure the company maximizes its short, medium and long-term growth and profitability
- Align North American business with international expansion.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- Demonstrated achievement in B2B sales
- Experience managing a team of at least 3-5 individuals
- Basic understanding of global business and diversity, with the ability to become a subject matter expert on the job
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Innovation and problem-solving skills that include the ability to develop and propose value-based solutions for clients and staff
- Ability to travel domestically
As an equal opportunity employer, together we are committed to the greater good. We truly believe our work can make the world a better place.