- Job Title
- Accountant (Audit)
- Job ID
- ROSENBERG, TX 77471
- Other Location
Fort Bend Seniors Meals on Wheels (Fort Bend Seniors), one of Fort Bend county’s oldest non-profit organizations, was organized in 1974 by community leaders who recognized a need to provide older adults with regular, hot meals.
Fort Bend Seniors (FBS) has since evolved, providing more than 1,400 nutritious meals to seniors daily from 13 locations throughout Fort Bend and Waller counties. Fort Bend Seniors is the only organization in Fort Bend or Waller County that provides Meals on Wheels to all persons 60 years of age and over, regardless of income.
Each weekday, FBS drivers and volunteers deliver hot, nutritious meals to homebound seniors who are unable to cook for themselves. In addition, FBS offers 12 gathering places — or congregate sites — throughout Fort Bend and Waller counties, where seniors are able to enjoy meals and socialize with fellow older adults. Fort Bend Seniors also offers comprehensive services and programs such as transportation, case management, health screenings, information and referral services, recreation and more. Each of these programs and services enable area seniors to remain in their homes and continue to be an integral part of the community for as long as possible.
You have integrity and hold yourself to the highest ethical standards. You have a reputation for excellence and your attention to detail is impeccable. For you, no task is too small or too big, you can do it all. If this sounds like you, we would like to talk to you.
Under the general supervision of the CFO, you will be responsible for assisting in the financial oversight of the organization, including performing the following:
- Maintain accurate, computerized financial systems and information necessary for day-to-day control and reporting.
- Manage the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions to manage and maximize cash flow.
- Prepare or assist in preparation of customized financial reports for more effective executive decision-making.
- Ensure records retention of the organization are in compliance with federal regulations and state, federal, county and city contracts.
- Prepare and gather accounting and statistical information for annual grant proposals to local, state and federal funding sources.
- Assist in the monitoring of funding source budgets, ensuring that monthly billings are within contract agreements.
- Participate, prepare and provide information, records and reports necessary during periodic audits.
- Prepare or assist in preparation of the annual Form 990, Form 5500 and annual report.
- Assist in annual budgeting process.
- Prepare necessary reports and schedules for the annual audit and monthly financial statements.
- Demonstrated ability to mitigate, manage & follow through on projects.
- Ability to receive and maintain confidential information.
- Exceptional time management skills & detail oriented.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent.
- 2 years’ of audit experience in public accounting.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Word, an intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Excel; Accounting software and Payroll systems.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.