Product Sales Specialist
- Job Title
- Product Sales Specialist
- Job ID
- Houston, TX 77098
- Other Location
Imagine having the opportunity to create a meaningful employment experience, one that meets your career goals and your desire to do socially responsible work.
What type of organization would you choose?
For more than 100 years, Girl Scouts has helped girls develop the skills and confidence they need to succeed in every area of life. From the youngest Girl Scout to our graduating high school seniors, we believe in the power of the girl to become a G.I.R.L (Go-getter, Innovator, Risk-taker, and Leader). Through our programming, girls are exposed to a vast array of educational topics such as the arts, entrepreneurship, the outdoors and STEM. In Girl Scouts, girls learn what it takes to be a leader. The leadership program for girls is based on the Girl Scout Leadership Experience model, which allows girls to discover a positive value system and a strong sense of self, connect with others, build healthy relationships, identify causes that are meaningful, and take action to make the world a better place.
Product Sales Specialist
The Product Sales Specialist in partnership with the assigned volunteers and staff in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the Product Sales programs
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties as assigned:
- Work in partnership with the assigned volunteers and staff in the development, implementation and evaluation of the Product Sales Programs. Duties may include: assisting with product sales trainings and special events; assisting with delivery; creating and revising forms; special mailings; troop paperwork review; and community based sales.
- Exceed customer expectations in providing customer service by responding to incoming calls, emails and in-person requests for information and support. Assist in the answering of department telephone calls, answer basic questions as appropriate, take messages and route information to the proper person. Interact with volunteers to provide information in response to inquiries and to handle and resolve complaints or problems.
- Assist with data entry for cookie booths, training and events.
- Develop programs/tools to enhance the assigned programs.
- Create and analyze evaluations, both in-person and online, for the Product Sales programs.
- Maintain, balance and order inventory of items that are sold during training.
- Coordinate meeting and event preparations and follow-up including room reservations and set-up, food ordering and delivery, meeting reminders, materials distribution, and recording meeting minutes.
- Support the development and implementation of Council plans to evaluate girl outcomes and use the findings for continuous improvement in volunteer delivery of the Product Sales Programs.
- Provide clerical support to the Product Sales Director and support Product Sales Managers, as needed.
- On a rotational basis and during peak periods, provide direct customer service support through phone, email and in-person customer service in support of the customer service department.
- Embrace and promote pluralism as an integral part of every activity and plan of Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council.
- Maintain Girl Scout uniform and GSUSA membership.
- Work collaboratively on council initiatives.
- Support a culture of philanthropy and consider a personal gift to GSSJC and United Way.
- Participate in conferences and staff meetings.
- Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint); computer and related peripherals including printer, mouse, etc.; fax machines, telephone, calculator, copier and other miscellaneous office equipment and tools (i.e. dollies, carts and other various types of moving devices). Ability to use vendor software.
- Valid Texas driver's license and proof of insurance.
- License/Certification: computer and extensive reading. Physical exertion will include extensive pushing, lifting, bending, standing, and walking. Able to lift approximately 10 pounds (cookies and fall product sales).
Benefits: We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary and extensive benefits package and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Pluralism Statement: Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council is a pluralistic movement, committed to understanding our similarities and differences, building relationships and promoting a dialogue of acceptance and respect. Each individual involved must uphold the tenet that Girl Scouting is for all girls.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.