Registered Nurse – Bullhead Access Center
- Job Title
- Registered Nurse – Bullhead Access Center
- Job ID
- Bullhead City, AZ 86442
- Other Location
Arizona Kidney Disease and Hypertension Center (AKDHC) is one of the nation's largest groups of physicians specializing in the care of patients with Chronic Kidney disease. Since 1976, we have enjoyed the trust of patients and the respect of the community throughout the Phoenix Metropolitan area and across Arizona. We are a professional medical association consisting of physicians and other vital support staff. To learn more about us, please visit our website: www.akdhc.com.
Registered Nurse - Bullhead Access Center - AKDHC
Provides pre-operative, intra-operative, and post-operative care to patients per physician’s orders. Assists duri ng interventional and surgical operating room procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares the patient for the medical procedure according to established guidelines.
- Ensures documented informed consent has been received from the patient prior to administering sedation.
- Administers medication as needed.
- Administers IV therapy and other therapeutic and diagnostic measures.
- Facilitates patient transfer to EMS and hospital facilities.
- Expedites timely and smooth flow of patients through the Access Center.
- Completes patient assessments for potential problems with patency and other indicators of dialysis access.
- Maintains accurate and complete medical records.
- Provides patient education and instructions on home care and documents patient’s understanding.
- Uses equipment standard to the profession, such as cardiac monitors, oxygen administration systems and stethoscopes.
- Performs crash cart maintenance and defibrillator checks.
- Enters pertinent information in the computer system designed for statistical analysis, research, and patient follow-up.
- Maintains Infection Logbook.
- Assists with maintaining adequate supply and medication inventory.
- Complies with current OSHA guidelines.
- Maintains the patient's right to privacy.
- Participates in the Quality Assurance (QA) Program.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
- Two years of acute or critical care experience is preferred in addition to experience with Conscious Sedation.
- Current Arizona Registered Nurse License, current certification in Basic Life Support and current ACLS certification.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.