Family Medicine Physician (Huntsville)
- Job Title
- Family Medicine Physician (Huntsville)
- Job ID
- Huntsville, TX 77320
- Other Location
Lone Star Family Health Center is looking for a Family Medicine Physician (M.D. or D.O.) to treat a wide range of medical conditions in undifferentiated patients, develop long-term, personal relationships with their patients, partner with patients to develop healthcare plans, and offer continuous support and health management advice in the outpatient setting.
Permanent position with 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. work schedule. Compensation and benefit package includes competitive wages, 100% paid malpractice insurance, medical, dental, life and disability insurance, 401K with 6% employer match, and CME allowance.
Essential job functions:
- Maintains clinical expertise and competency including procedures to deliver quality patient care.
- Provides clinic sessions as scheduled for direct patient care.
- Provides continuity of care to patients on his/her panel.
- Maintains a health record for each patient in accordance with Center’s policies.
- Participates in specified health promotions, education, and/or prevention programs as needed.
- Participates in professional development activities to keep current with health care trends and practices.
- Develop personal relationships with patients.
- Create patient-specific healthcare plans that make use of clinical data.
- Monitor and adapt individualized health plans over time.
- Schedule and administer follow-up examinations.
- Make use of patient health data in medical analyses.
- Offer comprehensive wellness exams.
- Perform medical procedures.
- Recommend specialists for treatment outside of their capacity.
- Educate patients in health management and disease prevention.
- May provide services at all Lone Star clinical sites.
- May supervise mid-level clinical and other staff.
Current Board Certification in Family Medicine, a valid Medical degree (M.D. or D.O.), or equivalent current and unrestricted license from Texas Medical Board to practice as a physician in the State of Texas.
At least two (2) years’ clinical experience.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Lone Star Family Health Center (LSFHC) is an equal opportunity employer. The equal employment opportunity policy of LSFHC provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. LSFHC hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. LSFHC reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants. LSFHC provides a work environment in which each employee is able to be productive and work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all employees and applicants.