Liberty was founded on the principles of challenge and change. We are looking for talented individuals that want to challenge the assumptions of what an IT partner is capable of delivering and help our clients achieve the transformational change that is critical for their success. If you have the knowledge, the experience, and the drive to succeed, Liberty has a place for you. We are committed to help you to realize your potential and achieve success in your career.
Please submit your resume and we'll contact you as soon as relevant positions open up that fit your skills and background.It is the policy of Liberty IT Solutions, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
- Job Title
- Network Engineer
- Job ID
- Melbourne, FL 32934
- Other Location
Want to make a real impact?
At Liberty, we believe that Lines of Code can Change Lives, and it is our job to do so every day, more securely and more dependably.
We are currently seeking a sharp, ambitious, and enthusiastic Network Engineer to join our team to innovate and change the face of healthcare in our country.
Over the past year, our small company has tackled a wide range of public health issues through technology and business solutions, such as Veteran suicide prevention, genomic and big data analytics, community care, API-driven government gateways, health record modernization, and enterprise-wide federal cyber security and DevSecOps efforts to name a few.
So what will you transform?
Summary: Network Cloud Engineer leads networking and network administration efforts for the VA data migration and data syndication project within both WAN and LAN environments. Configuring switches, routers, and networking devices allow the network to be agile and highly productive. Job responsibilities of the engineer include collaborating with stakeholders to improve network performance. Leading projects from planning to completion. Offer support to users, who can be staff, clients, customers and suppliers, and troubleshoot any problems that arise. The ideal candidate should possess passion and patience as we transform to a model where continuous interaction and continuous improvement.
- BS degree in either Network Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer and Information Security, Computer Security or System or Network Administration
Required Years of Experience:
- Five (5) years of relevant experience
- Understand the WAN and LAN requirements as dictated by the customer.
- Research, design, test, and implement new or re-engineered network services and solutions.
- Work across organization to migrate large amounts of data between government network environments and industry partners.
- Create new and re-engineer existing processes, work-flows, scripts, and automation to improve quality and efficiency
- Leverage enterprise network management platforms and practices to efficiently and effectively run large-scale deployments
- Work with networking equipment to include by not limited to Nexus 5500 series, Mellanox 2700 and 2100 series switches, 10-GbE switches.
- Evaluate service offerings from providers and make recommendations to customer regarding integration of these technologies into existing networks and environments
- Collaborate with the external development teams to integrate new capabilities that are aligned with the overall program strategy
- Experience with data center networking and networking technologies including Service Level Agreements, network monitoring, and assessing network health.
- Experience managing internal or client-facing projects to completion and troubleshooting clients' technical issues.
- Must be detail oriented, task driven, and have excellent communication skills
- Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to engage with users in a professional manner and present technical concepts plainly to semi-technical customers
- Desire to learn new technologies and apply them to customer use cases.
- Experience in scalable networking design, including high availability, redundancy, failover and load balancing
- Hands on scripting/programming experience with Terraform, Java, Python, Shell and/or Bash
- Expertise with TCP/IP, routing protocols, switching, IPsec and SSL VPNs, load balancing, firewalls, DNS, DHCP, network monitoring and troubleshooting tools, packet analysis, etc.
- Familiarity with Docker Containers and Agile methodologies