Bilingual Medical Assistant, Spanish and English - Tucson St. Mary's Office
- Job Title
- Bilingual Medical Assistant, Spanish and English - Tucson St. Mary's Office
- Job ID
- Tucson, AZ 85745
- Other Location
Arizona Kidney Disease and Hypertension Center (AKDHC) is one of the nation's largest groups of physicians specializing in the care of patients with renal disease. Since 1976, we have enjoyed the trust of patients and the respect of the community throughout the Phoenix Metropolitan area and across Arizona. We are a professional medical association consisting of physicians and other vital support staff. We are seeking Bilingual Medical Assistants to join our team. To learn more about us, please visit our website: www.akdhc.com
Bilingual Medical Assistant, Spanish and English - Tucson St. Mary's Office - AKDHC
Under the direction of the Office Coordinator, the Bilingual Medical Assistant will be responsible for performing general medical assistant functions in support of the care and treatment of patients while providing assistance to all office personnel as needed.
- Perform front office duties, including patient care activities, front office check-in, check-out (fill in back as needed), prescription refills, anemia management, transplant, hospital follow-up, procedure scheduling and patient education
- Notify Physicians of changes in patient's clinical status and/or abnormal test results in a timely manner
- Work closely with the back office medical assistant in assisting patients, and work with doctors and patients.
- Interview patients, measure vital signs including pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, height, review patient's medication list, and record information in patient’s charts
- Current certification as a Medical Assistant or a diploma from a recognized institution training Medical Assistants for their work
- Fluent capabilities in English and Spanish required
- Excellent customer service and communication skills for interfacing with patients, staff, and outside vendors
- 1-2 years front/back office experience preferred
- Ability to support a pleasant, positive, and cooperative teamwork environment
- The successful candidate must be able to use a stethoscope, computer, scanner, printer, telephone, fax and copier.
- Ability to multi-task and lift and/or move 20 pounds essential.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.