Director of Finance
- Job Title
- Director of Finance
- Job ID
- HUMBLE, TX 77338-4292
- Other Location
Founded in 1998 by a team of highly trained cardiologists and vein specialists in Houston, Texas, our client is dedicated to providing genuine care to patients. Their heart and vein specialists provide a full spectrum of diagnostic testing, comprehensive therapies, and interventional/electrophysiologic procedures utilizing the latest technology. They provide care that ensures their patients can live life to the fullest. It’s just one more way they’re striving to be the best cardiologists in the greater Houston area.
Director of Finance
As the Director of Finance, you will be responsible for the overall financial success of the organization and implement strategic, operational, and financial strategies to grow revenues, contain costs, and maintain the highest level of clinical quality care. Our client will rely on you to provide organizational oversight of all financial planning, operating strategies and financial outcomes, as well as forecast the physician group activity and financial positions in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present and expected operations.
As a member of the senior leadership team, you will direct the preparation of financial budget targets and provide ongoing monitoring, communication, and leadership to assure success. You will also be responsible for directing the fiscal functions of the practice in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles issued by state and federal regulations and requirements.
- Oversees and directs the organization’s financial activities including financial planning, financial projections and forecast and accounting functions as well as its relationship with lending institutions, payers and vendors who have a financial relationship with the practice.
- Prepares the annual budget. Analyzes, prepares and presents monthly financial statements to the BOD and prepares forecast and projections as part of feasibility studies for new services, facilities, joint ventures or other practice initiatives.
- Directs and coordinates reimbursement, patient accounting and general accounting including general ledger accounting, accounts payable, payroll, claims processing and cash handling and cash management.
- Participates in the development of the organizations strategic plan, to include continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives. This includes the development and review of all financial functions, systems, and procedures.
- Provides counsel to the BOD on significant matters affecting practice finances, operations, and policies by providing recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results, initiating corrective actions, and minimizing the impact of variance; identifying opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, systems enhancements, and accumulating capital to fund expansions.
- Lead and develop strong team engagement. Continue to develop, mentor and coach aligning to our corporate culture
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or equivalent experience
- Certified Public Accountant certification preferred
- 5+ years of progressively responsible financial and business experience
- 5+ years of Accounting experience
- Prior experience within a private medical practice or healthcare facility
- Strong working knowledge of financial systems, statements, and reports
- Experience partnering with, leading, and influencing multiple teams responsible for complex operations
- Experience with Provider compensation
- Experience within Revenue Cycle Management
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package.
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions, planning and cultu
Our client is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.