- Job Title
- Job ID
- MODESTO, CA 95354-0950
- Other Location
Capital Equity Management Group, Inc is an established real estate investment firm that acquires distressed real estate to rehab and resell. It has been in this business for over 20 years. It also has a portfolio of rental properties that it manages internally. Part of the controllers responsibilities are to be responsible for the accounting/finance for several other corporate entities.
The Controller will manage the accounting records and is responsible for the production of financial reports. You will be responsible for ensuring that they are issued on time, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and that they are fairly and accurately reflect the company’s current financial position.
- Maximize return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, controls, and reporting systems
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits and providing information to external auditors.
- Maximizes return and limits risk on cash by minimizing bank balances and making investments.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions.
- Ensures operation of equipment by establishing preventive maintenance requirements and service contracts, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring and appraising job results.
- Protects operations by keeping financial and plans confidential.
- Provide support to General Accountant as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Managing process
- Financial software
- Developing standards
- Auditing, accounting, and corporate finance
- Financial skills
- Analyzing information
- Developing budgets
- Performance management
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- BA/BS, preferably in accounting, finance, business management or related field.
- 5-10 years of experience in accounting/finance
- CPA required.
- Experience with financial reporting requirements
- QuickBooks Enterprise experience.
- A curious mind with ability to present options to an issue
- Past experience working directly for owner is a plus
- Real Estate rehab experience.
- Very hands on job
- Rental property experience preferred
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Health, vision, and dental benefits included.
- Full on the job training & support.
- Fun working environment and culture.