Regional Director of Sales - Northern New England area - Telecom - Portland, ME
- Job Title
- Regional Director of Sales - Northern New England area - Telecom - Portland, ME
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Portland, ME
- Other Location
REGIONAL DIRECTOR OF SALES - Northern New England area - Telecom - Portland, ME
Manage Direct and Indirect Sales teams in assigned region including the supervision, coordination, direction, evaluation and planning related to all department activities. Coordinate promotional programs with the Marketing and Product Management Organizations.
- Responsible for the supervision, coordination, direction and evaluation of activities in assigned departments. Serve as a resource to department staff by assigning and checking work, providing regular feedback and formal performance reviews, establishing goals, providing necessary training and participating in hiring decisions.
- Responsible for all revenues and profit and loss for assigned areas. Monitor and report financial objectives for assigned areas.
- Develop and execute business plan to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base.
- Proactively identify opportunities for sales process improvements. Work closely with Sales Managers to facilitate the organization of continuous process improvement.
- Coordinate training delivery to sales, sales management and sales support personnel within assigned region.
- Build peer support and strong internal company relationships with key management personnel (Engineering, Operations, IT, Marketing, Product) to insure highest level of customer experience from sale inception to delivery.
- Work with Marketing & Product Management to coordinate promotional programs and activities, including advertisements and trade show participation.
- Perform networking to establish the corporation in the marketplace and develop/foster strategic contacts. Develop relationships with key strategic customer identified in markets to build relationships.
- Participate in strategic planning and forecasting and assist in the development of a coherent pricing strategy. Provide recommendations for new products and applications. Develop tactical plans to achieve strategic objectives.
- Monitor market penetration and financial results of the product and service offerings and adjust accordingly to meet objectives.
- Maintain updated knowledge of industry developments.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Supervise all Sales and Sales Support personnel and maintain communication with personnel from other departments. Contact customers and other outside parties as needed. Report to Senior Sales Director
Work performed indoors with physical activity consisting of normal office work and some light lifting. Occasional travel required. Utilize basic office machines and computer equipment daily. Regular and timely attendance required.
- 4-year degree in business, marketing, sales or the equivalent in experience. MBA preferred.
- 10 years sales experience.
- 5 years supervisory experience.
- 2-3 years of communications industry experience.
- Proven sales experience consistently meeting and exceeding sales targets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Computer proficiency.
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Burrell Associates Executive Search (www.burrellassociates.com) is a well-respected, professional recruiting firm founded in 1986, has been retained for this company's confidential search. We specialize in placing professional candidates at all levels, executing with the strictest of confidentiality.
- Required Skills