Liberty was founded on the principles of challenge and change. We are looking for talented individuals that want to challenge the assumptions of what an IT partner is capable of delivering and help our clients achieve the transformational change that is critical for their success. If you have the knowledge, the experience, and the drive to succeed, Liberty has a place for you. We are committed to help you to realize your potential and achieve success in your career.
Please submit your resume and we'll contact you as soon as relevant positions open up that fit your skills and background.It is the policy of Liberty IT Solutions, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
Senior Test Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior Test Engineer
- Job ID
- Remote or Melbourne , FL
- Other Location
Summary: Liberty is looking for a Sr. Test Engineer to be a valued member of our software development team. This individual will collaborate with the developers but be able to independently create and execute a vision for an effective testing approach based on high level direction/guidance. The testing approach shall be developed early in the project as the architecture is being developed and the test plans shall verify requirements, especially corner cases. The Sr. Test Engineer will need to have excellent written and verbal communication skills to clearly document test plans and formal test reports.
The Sr. Test Engineer will support multiple projects in parallel and be able to provide a consistent testing approach. This candidate will be able to work with and maintain mock systems to enable local testing and be comfortable with Linux and scripting. Java test fixture development experience is preferred. Experience in an agile environment is a must.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a business or technical discipline
Required Years of Experience: 5 years with bachelor’s degree, or 8 years of relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Review and analyze system specifications
- Collaborate with Business Analysts, Test Engineers and Test Planners/Managers to develop test data, effective strategies, and test plans
- Test Engineer will be responsible to write test automation
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyze results
- Evaluate product code according to specifications
- Create logs to document testing phases and defects
- Report bugs and errors to development teams
- Help troubleshoot issues
- Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Oversee all test events and manage multiple test events defining and staffing these test events with appropriate resources
- Configure necessary software & operating environments as needed to complete assigned testing
- Manage the defect database
- Proven experience as a QA, tester or similar role
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Working knowledge of test management software (e.g. SQL, Jira/Agile Accelerator)
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Strong organizational skills
- CMMI Maturity Level 3, ISO 9001:2015 or 9001:2001, and ITIL experience a plus
- VA or other Federal Government experience required.
- Has high standards, results oriented, and a commitment to delivering high quality test data, test scenarios, and on time
- Experience with APIs (e.g. SOAP, JSON, HL7, FHIR, Postman, or SOAP UI)
- Familiarity with UNIX-like OS’s (e.g. BASH)
- Cloud automation experience