BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Principal Cloud Software Engineer
- Job Title
- Principal Cloud Software Engineer
- Requirement ID
- Linthicum Heights, MD 21090
- Other Location
Employment Type: Full-time
Responsibilities: We are looking for a Principal Cloud Software Engineer to design, develop and implement complicated and difficult software capabilities for computer based systems.
- Exhibits technical insight and understanding in multiple fields and disciplines with an in depth facility in Cloud Computing.
- Candidate must have expertise developing cloud software based capabilities.
- Will be a senior member of the team and a recognized industry expert in the field.
- Analyze the cloud infrastructure needs of the customer's product units and transversal functions.
- Participate to selection and deployment of Openstack distribution (SLA, performance, support, cost).
- Design and implement private cloud infrastructure. Ensure full integration with hybrid cloud platform management layer, identity management and R&D infrastructure.
- Work closely with other engineering teams.
- Support the organization in maturing the infrastructure into a fully automated, service-oriented, hybrid IT.
- Work with automating build pipelines, migrations, security and compliance in the cloud.
- Define, implement and manage a cloud based infrastructure.
- Perform tool administrative tasks and provide application support for our platform.
- Transfer knowledge via documentation and training to software development organization.
- Work closely with business technology peers and management emphasizing collaboration and joint effort to ensure that the needs and expectations of organizational stake holders, business partners, external customers, and third party organizations are met and/or exceeded.
- A current security clearance is not required on day one, but will be processed for a clearance and therefore all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline (i.e. computer science, engineering, mathematics, etc.) or equivalent experience.
- 16+ years of experience in Cloud Engineering / Computing / Software Development
- Experience in streaming and/or batch analytics (e.g. Kafka, Spark, Flink, Storm, MapReduce, Hadoop)
- Experience in distributed databases, NoSQL databases, full text-search engines (e.g. Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Solr)
- Experience in designing enterprise APIs
- Experience in RESTful web services
- Experience in Microservices architecture
- Experience in Object Oriented Programming (OOP) paradigms
- Experience in cloud based technologies (AWS, Azure)
- Experience in Modern Java Frameworks and Libraries (e.g. Spring, Guava)
- Experience with the Linux operating system
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Git, Nexus, Maven)
- Experience with the agile software lifecycle
- Has a proven ability to learn quickly and works well both independently as well as in a team setting
- Current Secret, Top Secret, or TS/SCI security clearance level is preferred
- Experience with the following technologies: Spring Boot, Microservices, REST APIs, Angular, NodeJs, JIRA, Agile, AWS, Jenkins, Docker, GitHub, SonarQube, Apache Kafka platform.
Work Schedule: Core Hours
Background Screening/Check/Investigation: Successful Completion of a Background Check will be required as a condition of hire.
Benefits: Metronome offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefit eligibility is determined on the type of position (full-time, part-time, temporary). Metronome’s range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
Application Process: Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your consideration for employment.
- Select Create Profile and Apply to Requirement
- Complete your Profile and Answer the Questionnaire
- Upload a current resume
- Complete the Online Application and Submit
Evaluation Process: Metronome will evaluate applicants based on how well they meet the qualifications of the position above. Your completed application (including questionnaire, resume, and online application) will be used to determine your eligibility and how well you meet the qualifications for this position.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to your resume and application; if either your resume or application contradicts or does not support your responses, you will disqualify yourself and not receive further consideration for this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Metronome does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Metronome is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process should contact Metronome Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-957-4082. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Required Skills