Option 2: Create a New Profile
Manager, Business Analytics
- Job Title
- Manager, Business Analytics
- Position ID
- The Woodlands, TX 77380
- Other Location
Job Description Summary
The Manager of Business Analytics is responsible for developing strategies and automated operations for a portfolio of wind, solar, battery, and demand response assets. Processes in scope include, but are not limited to market bids, offers, scheduling, and settlement. The Manager should also develop statistical analyses for North American power markets, with emphasis on areas surrounding the assets within the MP2 portfolio. The Manager must possess or develop expertise in Demand Response and wholesale asset operation to improve their strategies and algorithms. In addition to strategy and automation, the Manager, Business Analytics should possess the ability to establish electronic communications with Regional Independent System Operators. Abilities to establish, maintain, and query databases is also required, but not a core function of the role. Abilities to develop web-based GUIs for customer interaction will also be viewed as favorable. The Manager will support market development as MP2 expands its geographic footprint to cover North American Power Markets, including PJM, ISONE, CAISO and NYISO.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the team to develop automated, insightful market analytics.
- Develop algorithms to flag/escalate anomalous or missing user input
- Ensure customer strategy performance is easy to review, with automated performance reports
- Learn current and upcoming market rules impacting the portfolio and implement automation updates as needed.
- Work closely with Operations to onboard customers
- Develop automated methods to review bids, offers, schedules, contingent operations, alarms, and settlements for accuracy and efficiency
Competencies & Attributes for Success in this Role:
- Critical/Analytical Thinking
- Customer Service Oriented
- Highly Motivated
- Positive Attitude
- Quick Learner
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations co-workers and higher-level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Advanced degree in Business Analytics
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering, or Mathematics
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Outlook and strong Excel skills
- Excellent analytical, organization and time management skills, with the ability to maintain a strict level of attention to detail
- Ability to work well within a team environment and demonstrate a vested interest in team goals and objectives
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships
- Self-motivated with the desire to consistently improve performance and gain further knowledge
- Ability to meet deadlines, learn quickly and demonstrate effective problem solving and follow-up skills
Benefits of Working with MP2 Energy:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Disability Programs (STD & LTD)
- Employee Basic Term Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
*Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.