Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant (Conroe)
- Job Title
- Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant (Conroe)
- Job ID
- Conroe, TX 77304
- Other Location
Lone Star Family Health Center is looking for a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to maintain and promote the health of the patient that is requiring care.
Permanent position with 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. work schedule. Compensation and benefit package includes competitive wages, 100% paid malpractice insurance, medical, dental, life and disability, 401K with 6% employer match, and CME allowance.
Essential job functions:
- Provides comprehensive health assessments (initial and ongoing), screening, develops plan of care, and evaluates outcomes on patient population.
- Initiates treatment for patients with commonly occurring health problems which lie within the nurse specialist’s scope of practice by using a systematic approach to history and physical appraisal of patients and/or families through clinical judgment of evaluated data. Prescribes, coordinates, delegates and evaluates care.
- Prescribes medications listed in the approved institutional formulary as a function delegated by the physician consultant(s) to the practice.
- Monitors patients with stabilized long term or chronic illness and aids and supports individuals and their families during the dying process.
- Plans appropriate care utilizing community resources and acts as a liaison by relaying information necessary for continuity of care to other health professionals and agencies.
- Instructs individual and/or families or groups about health or defined health problems.
Current Licensure through the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners OR Licensed Physician Assistant by the Texas State Medical Board.
At least two (2) years’ experience as a Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant.
Bilingual (English and Spanish).
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Lone Star Family Health Center (LSFHC) is an equal opportunity employer. The equal employment opportunity policy of LSFHC provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. LSFHC hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. LSFHC reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants. LSFHC provides a work environment in which each employee is able to be productive and work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all employees and applicants.