Music Streaming Specialist
- Job Title
- Music Streaming Specialist
- Job ID
- New York, NY 10003
- Other Location
Music Streaming Specialist
Primary Wave is the leading independent publisher of iconic music in the world!
- Develop marketing strategies that help grow our streaming narratives.
- Develop strong relationships with partners across all DSP platforms.
- Initiate and own relationships with independent curators to pitch and secure playlists, features, and other promotions & marketing opportunities for our artists.
- Build creative artist & “themed” playlists for Primary Wave’s roster of artists.
- Ability to analyze data around a song or playlist and draw conclusions informing strategy to continue building songs and playlists at streaming services.
- Constantly work to discover the new platform features, understand those implications, and teach methodology across the company.
- Assist in creating proposals for potential business & summary reports for existing clients
- Oversee company playlists (and surrounding promotional strategy)
- Gather marketing information about artists and projects to assist with hit listing and pitching to DSPs
- Identify streaming & playlisting opportunities for upcoming and catalog releases
- Work alongside Primary Wave digital team to cultivate and enhance marketing initiatives
- Set up releases with distribution partners
- Assist VP of Digital and Director, Playlisting & Streaming Marketing as needed
- Think globally and help develop strategies that expose artists to new audiences.
- Work closely with internal talent management and publishing teams to develop and maximize opportunities.
- Execute artist profile updates, campaigns and changes through artist portals like Spotify for Artists, Apple Music for Artists, Amazon Music for Artists and Pandora AMP
- Minimum of 2-3 years of music industry experience; strong preference given to candidates with DSP relationships at key streaming platforms
- Demonstrated familiarity & usage with major streaming platforms (playlisting experience preferred)
- Comfortable with working across (and knowledge of) multiple genres of music
- Superior data analysis skills
- Strong knowledge of music publishing and catalog repertoire
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Superior communication and organizational skills
- Excellent technical skill set
- Adobe Creative Suite knowledge a plus
In lieu of a cover letter, please send a link to a playlist you've made of your favorite music, what you're currently listening to or another theme/idea that gives a sense of who you are (along with an explanation why you chose this theme/idea and songs - the length of the expiation is up to you).
We offer exceptional benefits, to our employees. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer and an excellent career path. We provide one of the best available benefit programs for small businesses, including a healthcare plan, 401(k), long-term and short-term disability, holidays, and life insurance.
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To respond to this great opportunity, please go to: http://ejob.bz/ATS/jb.do?reqGK=27423492
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.