Engagement Manager (Payer Experience)
- Job Title
- Engagement Manager (Payer Experience)
- Job ID
- PLANO, TX 75024
- Other Location
Engagement Manager (Payer Experience) - can be remote
Our client is a strategy and performance consulting firm built on deep operational expertise. Because their Associates have been both Clients as well as Consultants, they bring meaningful perspectives as well as market practices on issues that senior leaders face. Through distinctive methodologies, tools, and accelerators, they help their clients build strategies that are sound, executable, and enduring.
Our client is not all things to all people. They work only in industries or functions where their Associates have first-hand experience in delivery and operating roles. If they haven't done the work, they don't consult on the work.
Our client requires all potential candidates possess the following in order to be considered for the Engagement Manager role:
- At least 2 years working for, or consulting to, healthcare payers
- At least 6 years total work experience
- At least 2 years in a large, top-tier consulting firm in strategy and operations roles
As the Engagement Manager (Payer Experience), you will be required to possess two critical elements:
- Deep healthcare expertise in either the Payer domain
- Prior strategy and operations consulting experience in a large, reputable Firm.
As an Engagement Manager, you will be directly responsible for leading client engagements as well as mentoring junior staff through their engagements and deliverables. You will have ownership of all deliverables within an engagement and will serve as the primary day-to-day contact with clients. Leadership and ability to be a player/coach are key characteristics of being successful in this role.
Location preference is Chicago or Dallas, although other locations will be considered as long as the candidate is open to frequent travel to client locations.
- Prior experience working for, or consulting to healthcare payers is required.
- Demonstrated experience in managing consulting engagements in a high-paced environment. Candidates with no prior experience in a Consulting Firm will not be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 6 years of total experience with at least 2 years in a large, top-tier strategy consulting firm.
- Independently leading engagements and being the primary day-to-day contact with the client.
- Structuring engagement activities, delegating effectively and coaching junior staff.
- Strategy development experience is strongly preferred.
- Advanced degree preferred, but not required (MBA, MHA, MPH).
Additional Key Qualifications:
- Capable of leading through influence
- Strong executive presence
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to manage competing priorities with a high level of organization and attention to detail
- Enjoy creative problem-solving in a rapidly changing environment
- Flexible, proactive, and optimistic attitude
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package.
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.