Human Resource Specialist
- Job Title
- Human Resource Specialist
- Job ID
- Orlando, FL
- Other Location
There’s a reason Insperity was ranked in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 34 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and a world-class benefits package, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, we’re committed to providing a positive work environment, and to helping our employees succeed both personally and professionally.
HUMAN RESOURCE SPECIALIST
This position is responsible for resolving assigned issues, identifying opportunities to strategically engage clients, and providing sound guidance in each interaction, ensuring high utilization of human resource services. Also responsible for coordinating the development and delivery of service strategy plans for assigned client base and monitoring the execution of plans to achieve agreed upon objectives within agreed timeframe. The incumbent will provide value that positively impacts client businesses that results in retention and growth. Troubleshoots situations, educates clients, develops partnerships with stakeholders and solicits referrals.
Under limited supervision and much decision-making:
- Uses a proactive approach to client relationship management to minimize requests for assistance; takes prompt action when requests are received.
- Communicates ideas, recommendations, and solutions in a clear and succinct way through written or oral interactions.
- Listens actively and asks clarifying questions to enable appropriate recommendations and levels of responsiveness.
- Aligns PEO services with identified client needs through an understanding of business plans and small business operations from an owner’s perspective.
- Uses knowledge from various human resource disciplines to help identify their application and impact on client’s business.
- Establishes and sustains trusting relationships by accurately perceiving and interpreting own and others' emotions and behavior; leverages insights to effectively manage responses so that personal behavior matches one's values and delivers intended results.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting Human Resource functions and ensures client’s policies and procedures comply.
- Assists clients in minimizing liability by providing consultative guidance; recommending and facilitating liability management training.
- Consults and proactively follows up/reviews with clients to develop, implement and monitor human resource performance management items.
- Implements programs to enhance productivity and reduce liability through improved communications and identifies best HR practices for client. These include, but are not limited to, handbooks, job descriptions, performance management programs, compensation plans, hiring processes, layoffs, employee counseling, and terminations.
- Influences clients and internal partners to make well-informed and strategic decisions in a timely manner using effective involvement and persuasion strategies.
- Leads meetings and makes formal presentations in a clear, concise and logical sequence at a level appropriate to the audience.
- Acts as a champion of change for initiatives within the organization and through clients’ organizations.
- Uses knowledge of Company departments, products, services and resources to analyze, recommend and deliver timely service solutions and to exercise judgment in planning, executing and accomplishing goals.
- Collaborates with various departments regarding technical or complex issues encountered by the client to find the best solution.
- Educates and encourages client usage of technical applications.
- Uses company client management systems and databases to capture client requests and interactions.
- Shares human resource solutions, concepts, ideas and best practices with peers to elevate the knowledge and skills of others.
- Participates in prospect meetings with sales and service team members by phone, or in person as needed to provide insight of potential benefit to prospective client.
- Seeks opportunities to build own skillset and knowledge through formal instruction or collaboration with others.
- Utilizes available resources to manage and prioritize one’s time and workload effectively.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Three to five years of business operations experience and two to three years Human Resource Generalist experience with emphasis on employee relations is required.
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR), or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) certification strongly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Working knowledge of business drivers for small businesses.
- Multi-tasking and handling priorities.
- Customer service experience in a team environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective problem solving/decision making.
- Presentation skills: proficient in design and delivery.
- Project management skills: high level of experience and proficiency in managing multiple projects and represents service operations in corporate process and focus groups.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs and demonstrated ability to learn other application programs as needed.
- Ability to solicit referrals from clients.
- Ability to successfully lead a project from start to completion.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.