|Dynology Corporation Career Portal|
Security Specialist II/Special Access Program (SAP)
- Job Title
- Security Specialist II/Special Access Program (SAP)
- Job ID
- Fort Belvoir, VA
- Other Location
Dynology Corporation is hiring a Special Access Program (SAP) Security Specialist to support the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) in Fort Belvoir, VA. The ideal candidate will bring detailed knowledge of SAP security management and procedures; to include assessments, requirements, design and ways to mitigate risk. **MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE TS/SCI BEFORE APPLYING**
- Assist in writing and implementing SAP security policy, SOPs, Concepts of Operations (CONOPS), and Transportation Security Plans (TSPs) and advises and assist PM in the development of Security Classification Guides (SCGs) for complex SAPs. Personnel performing this duty must possess strong writing skills.
- Advise senior officials on a broad range of program security issues including system threat vulnerability assessments, system security requirements, architectures, and security risk mitigation plans. Assist clients in researching and defining security problems. Personnel performing this duty must possess strong oral communication skills, the ability to relate to a diverse customer base, and general knowledge of DoD operations. Must be capable of operating in the NCR and other locations as required.
- Monitor assessment and authorization process for program areas and Information Technology systems.
- Assist in developing and administering a SAP security awareness education program that includes annual refresher training and utilizes continuing education tools such as newsletters, pamphlets, and briefings, etc.
- Provide support for all DTRA SAPs, Compartments, Sub-Compartments and Projects. This includes coordination for all DTRA personnel requiring access to other federal agency’s SAPs (Program Access Requests), developing Co-Use Agreements (CUA), Memorandum of Agreement (MOA), and Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). Facilitates Special Access Program Nomination Process (SAPNP) reviews for all personnel submitted for access to DTRA SAPs, Compartments, Sub-Compartments, and Projects.
- Develop all SAPF accreditation documentation for each SAPF and organizes its tabbed binder. Additionally, electronic sources and data should be filed within a defined graphic user interface database.
- Assist in the inspection of SAPFs under DTRA control to ensure compliance with established applicable documents as listed in Section 5.0. This will be done on an annual basis or as requested by the government. Must possess the ability to document the results of the inspection in writing and effectively present briefings of a visual and oral nature regarding those results.
- Interface with personnel at the OSD level related to security matters and be capable of explaining the reason security actions were taken or are about to be taken in support of the program.
- Assist in conducting industrial security inspections at program contractor locations and assisting in “get well” processes following those inspections with security shortfalls, deficiencies or significant findings or an unsatisfactory rating.
- Provide direct support to the DTRA Focal Point program through validation of need to know, scheduling briefing, submitting accesses and other tasking as required by policy.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Associate’s Degree or higher and Three (3) years of experience (within a SAP)
- Completion of SAP Mid-Level Security Management Course SA201.01 (or equivalent course)
- Detailed knowledge of SAP security management and procedures; to include assessments, requirements, design and ways to mitigate.
- Knowledge of SAP Markings; Knowledge of SAP Reporting Requirements
- Excellent writing skills to write, edit and update guidelines and reports
- Ability to research and define security issues.
- Strong oral and communication skills; Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage authorization for programs and systems.
- Ability to develop educations programs and maintain training on a timely basis.
- Management and support of specific customer projects and sub-groups; to include access granting.
Security Clearance: Must be a US Citizen and possess an active Top Secret/SCI clearance to be considered.