BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
- Job Title
- Splunk Engineer
- Requirement ID
- Ashburn, VA 20147
- Other Location
Employment Type: Full-time
Responsibilities: The Splunk Engineer should be proficient with recognizing and onboarding new data sources into Splunk, analyzing the data for anomalies and trends, and building dashboards highlighting the key trends of the data. The Splunk engineer should be proficient within a Linux environment, editing and maintaining Splunk configuration files and apps.
The Splunk Engineer will assist with providing engineering, and administration in supporting a very large distributed clustered Splunk environment consisting of search heads, indexers, deployers, deployment servers, heavy/universal forwarders and Splunk Enterprise Security premuim app, spanning security, performance, and operational roles.
The Splunk Engineer will assist the Enterprise Splunk team, Cybersecurity Engineering team members and will be required to interact with end users to gather requirements, perform troubleshooting, and provide assistance with the creation of Splunk search queries and dashboards. The Splunk engineer will be required interact with management, as necessary.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- All personnel supporting CBP must have a current background investigation (BI) or obtain a favorable BI before joining the program.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree coupled with 7+ years of experience in the Information Technology arena.
- 2+ years of experience in a Splunk engineering role supporting SOC or NOC environments
- 2+ Years of experience in Linux and SQL/ODBC interfaces
- 1+ Years of experience in app interface development, using REST APIs
- Experience with Ansible and GIT
- Knowledge of Splunk Clustering
- Ability to follow Change & Configuration Management
- Strong problem solving abilities with an analytic and qualitative eye for reasoning under pressure
- Self-starter with the ability to independently prioritize and complete multiple tasks with little to no supervision
- Ability to script in one more of the following computer languages Python, Bash, Visual Basic or Powershell
- Splunk Certified Administrator Certification
- Must possess one of the following certifications:
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP), GCIH – Incident Handler, GCWN – Windows Security Administrator, GISF – Security Fundamentals, GISP – Security Professional, GSSP – Secure Software Programmer, GICSP –Cyber Security Professional, GSSP – Secure Software Programmer, SEI (Software Engineering Institute), CCSP – Certified Cloud Security Professional, CISSP – Certified Information Systems Security, CSSLP – Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional, SSCP – Systems Security Certified Practitioner, CCNP, CCNP Security, CCIE Security, CEH – Certified Ethical Hacker, ECSP – EC-Council Certified Secure Programmer, MCSE – Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (Server), RHCA, RHCE, VCA (Certified Associate), VCP (Certified Professional), VCAP (Certified Advanced Professional), VCIX (Implementation Expert), VCDX (Certified Design Expert), Converged Infrastructure Specialist, Certified Implementation Engineer Specialist, Certified Data Administrator Professional, Certified Storage Associate, Certified Splunk Architect
- Experience in SQL
- Current or former completed Splunk training
- Experience in automating Splunk Deployments and orchestration with in a Cloud environment
- Experience in Linux environment
- Splunk Certified Architect Certification
Work Schedule: Core Hours
Background Screening/Check/Investigation: Successful Completion of a Background Check will be required as a condition of hire.
Benefits: Metronome offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefit eligibility is determined on the type of position (full-time, part-time, temporary). Metronome’s range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
Application Process: Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your consideration for employment.
- Select Create Profile and Apply to Requirement
- Complete your Profile and Answer the Questionnaire
- Upload a current resume
- Complete the Online Application and Submit
Evaluation Process: Metronome will evaluate applicants based on how well they meet the qualifications of the position above. Your completed application (including questionnaire, resume, and online application) will be used to determine your eligibility and how well you meet the qualifications for this position.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to your resume and application; if either your resume or application contradicts or does not support your responses, you will disqualify yourself and not receive further consideration for this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Metronome does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Metronome is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process should contact Metronome Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-957-4082. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Required Skills