Liberty was founded on the principles of challenge and change. We are looking for talented individuals that want to challenge the assumptions of what an IT partner is capable of delivering and help our clients achieve the transformational change that is critical for their success. If you have the knowledge, the experience, and the drive to succeed, Liberty has a place for you. We are committed to help you to realize your potential and achieve success in your career.
Please submit your resume and we'll contact you as soon as relevant positions open up that fit your skills and background.It is the policy of Liberty IT Solutions, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
Linux System Administrator
- Job Title
- Linux System Administrator
- Job ID
- Melbourne, FL 32934
- Other Location
Summary: The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to VA & organizational requirements.
This individual will assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of the Project Management Methodology. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle.
This individual is accountable for the following systems: Linux and Windows systems that support infrastructure; Linux, Windows and Application systems that support Asset Management; Responsibilities on these systems include SA engineering and provisioning, operations and maintenance.
Required Education: Bachelors Degree or higher in a business or technical discipline
Required Years of Experience: 5 years. 5 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Design stable, reliable and effective systems
- Optimize and maintain legacy systems
- Modify systems according to requests and perform tests
- Liaise with developers to improve applications and establish best practices
- Gather user requirements and identify new features
- Develop technical and training manuals
- Provide vulnerability & patch management activities
- Ensure all systems meet VA / federal requirements
- Research and suggest new products, services and protocols
- 5 years of systems administrator experience (Unix/Linux) with patch management experience
- Current or Prior Veterans Affairs access and badge
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Docker, Cloud
- Ability to support the front-line defense of systems, protecting information from unauthorized access and violations.
- Ability to analyze and assess potential security risks
- CISSP certification a plus
- Security vulnerability assessment and remediation experience
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Background investigation / clearance required
- Has high standards, results oriented, and a commitment to delivering high quality software on time
- Experience with network security protocols.
- CompTIA Security+ or CISSP or a similar security accreditation is desirable