BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Splunk Engineer Jr.
- Job Title
- Splunk Engineer Jr.
- Requirement ID
- Ashburn, VA 20147
- Other Location
Employment Type: Full-time
Responsibilities: The candidate should have experience deploying and configuring Universal Forwarders and possess demonstrable knowledge of data collection methods such as Syslog, JDBC, or API. This position requires solid experience developing Splunk search queries, and dashboards and reports. Nice to have skills include Unix administration, scripting, understanding of Federal regulatory requirements, and experience using Jira and Confluence.
The Splunk engineer will work with other Cybersecurity Engineering team members and will be required to interact with end users to gather requirements, perform troubleshooting, and provide assistance with the creation of Splunk search queries and dashboards. The Splunk engineer will be required interact with senior management, as necessary.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- All personnel supporting CBP must have a current background investigation (BI) or obtain a favorable BI before joining the program.
- BS degree Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM) or related field and 5+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Must have experience in the following:
- Splunk Engineering
- Linux and SQL/ODBC interfaces
- App interface development, using REST API’s
- Previous project management experience.
- ITIL Change & Configuration Management
- Experience with Ansible and GIT
- Familiar with recognizing and onboarding new data sources into Splunk, analyzing the data for anomalies and trends, and building dashboards highlighting the key trends of the data.
- Familiar with a Linux environment, editing and maintaining Splunk configuration files and apps.
- Must possess one of the following certifications:
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP), CompTIA Security+, GCIH – Incident Handler, GCWN – Windows Security Administrator, GISF – Security Fundamentals, GSSP – Secure Software Programmer, GICSP –Cyber Security Professional, GSSP – Secure Software Programmer, SEI (Software Engineering Institute), CCSP – Certified Cloud Security Professional, CISSP – Certified Information Systems Security, CSSLP – Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional, SSCP – Systems Security Certified Practitioner, CCNP, CCNP Security, CCIE Security, CEH – Certified Ethical Hacker, ENSA – EC-Council Network Security Administrator, ECSP – EC-Council Certified Secure Programmer, MCSE – Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (Server), RHCA, RHCE, VCA (Certified Associate), VCP (Certified Professional), VCAP (Certified Advanced Professional), VCIX (Implementation Expert), VCDX (Certified Design Expert), Converged Infrastructure Specialist, Certified Implementation Engineer Specialist, Certified Data Administrator Professional, Certified Storage Associate, Certified Splunk Architect
Work Schedule: Core Hours
Background Screening/Check/Investigation: Successful Completion of a Background Check will be required as a condition of hire.
Benefits: Metronome offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefit eligibility is determined on the type of position (full-time, part-time, temporary). Metronome’s range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
Application Process: Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your consideration for employment.
- Select Create Profile and Apply to Requirement
- Complete your Profile and Answer the Questionnaire
- Upload a current resume
- Complete the Online Application and Submit
Evaluation Process: Metronome will evaluate applicants based on how well they meet the qualifications of the position above. Your completed application (including questionnaire, resume, and online application) will be used to determine your eligibility and how well you meet the qualifications for this position.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to your resume and application; if either your resume or application contradicts or does not support your responses, you will disqualify yourself and not receive further consideration for this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Metronome does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Metronome is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process should contact Metronome Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-957-4082. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Required Skills