Executive Director - Camden County Georgia
- Job Title
- Executive Director - Camden County Georgia
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Kingsland, GA 31548
- Other Location
Our client is a non-profit providing services to children and families living in the Camden County area. They are looking to hire an Executive Director to lead and grow community services In this role the Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Executive Director will have a range of duties, including the following:
● Leadership & Management: Oversee and manage the daily running of the organization and staff.
● Program & Creative Oversight: Develop and run CCFC programs recruitment and consult on the development of promotional material.
Fundraising to meet budgetary needs in support of all organizational programming.
● Lead all development activities including the cultivation and solicitation of individual donors, foundations, corporations, and government sources grow an individual donor base; manage the annual giving campaign, cultivate major gifts.
● Develop sponsorship plan for co-sponsored Fourth of July Race and Rock Shrimp Race, plan special events including the annual Oyster Roast and Low Country Boil, work with local organizations and businesses in charitable events including Golf Tournaments.
● Write specialized letters of inquiry, funding proposals, and sponsorship packages.
● Maintain recording, tracking, and reporting systems to monitor fundraising activities.
● Represent the organization at events in the business and non-profit communities and attend (after traditional work hours when needed) functions to create new contacts and visibility.
Leadership & Management: Oversee and manage the daily running of the organization and staff.
● Lead team in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s Mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
● Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors; serve as ex-officio of each committee; seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for both ongoing operations.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Ensure ongoing program excellence, program evaluation, and consistent quality finance and administration, fundraising, communications; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Actively engage and energize CCFC volunteers, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Direct supervision of staff including supervision and scheduling of volunteers and paid staff. Lead, coach, develop, manage and retain CCFC staff and team.
- Advocate on behalf of CCFC with State officials, public sector officials, potential donors, and other key stakeholders.
- Oversee the annual operating budget and collaborate with the board and staff to prudently manage the organization’s resources within budget guidelines.
- Manage marketing and public relations effort, including the writing and distribution of press releases and serve as primary media contact.
Program Oversight & Develop including recruitment and development of promotional materials.
- Responsible for the implementation of programs that support the organization’s Mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that CCFC can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of centers image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Work with the Board and staff to develop and cultivate new prospects for community outreach and volunteer recruitment.
- Oversee the design of branded promotional material for all organization programs.
- Required Skills
● Bachelor’s Degree (Masters Degree preferred)
● Five plus years’ experience in a management role at a nonprofit
● Experience and skill in working with the Board of Directors
● Demonstrated success in generating new revenue streams (securing significant gifts from foundations and corporations, as well as individual donors) and improving financial results for a nonprofit organization
● High-level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic plan and vision to the staff, Board, volunteers, and donors.
● Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s Mission to donors, volunteers, and the overall community.
● Strong fiscal management experience with earned income and fundraising efforts
● Experience and/or knowledge of the juvenile court, DFCS, foster care systems, domestic violence, sexual assault, dating violence, substance abuse, stalking, and child abuse
● Strong press contacts, and a proven track record of garnering publicity for foster children
● Experience Microsoft Office Programs, QuickBooks, Microsoft Teams, and Google Meet