Liberty was founded on the principles of challenge and change. We are looking for talented individuals that want to challenge the assumptions of what an IT partner is capable of delivering and help our clients achieve the transformational change that is critical for their success. If you have the knowledge, the experience, and the drive to succeed, Liberty has a place for you. We are committed to help you to realize your potential and achieve success in your career.
Please submit your resume and we'll contact you as soon as relevant positions open up that fit your skills and background.It is the policy of Liberty IT Solutions, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
- Job Title
- Project Manager
- Job ID
- Melbourne, FL
- Other Location
Summary: The Assistant Director is a critically important role that enables the Portfolio Director to work most effectively with internal and external stakeholders and fulfill their commitments to partners and clients. The Assistant Director is responsible for assisting the Portfolio Director with identifying the areas of focus and metrics of success. The Assistant Director will regularly revisit projects metrics and monitor them for progress. The Assistant Director will manage the resource management through recruiting efforts. He or she will support the Portfolio Director in maintaining strong relationships with internal staff, partners and clients. In addition, the Assistant Director will monitor the flow of information to ensure the Portfolio Director is brought into a project or decision-making process when their input and authority is needed the most. The Assistant Director will handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities, a combination of long-term projects and the urgent demands. The Assistant Director position is both strategic and facilitative and requires a willingness to play an active, operational and communicative role in the day-to-day activities. The role requires a highly resourceful individual with strong emotional intelligence, communications, self-motivation, strong analytical, project coordination and interpersonal skills.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, engineering, software engineering, or related field
Required Years of Experience: Minimum 5 years’ previous experience in project management, development and operations, or related IT, computer, or operations field
Key Meeting Preparation, Facilitation and Reporting:
- Coordinates the preparation of, and prepares and reviews complex, technical, financial, and other reports, plans, and documents; coordinates operations data collection and analysis; develops, makes and/or approves recommendations; and reviews the work of others to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Collect metrics on project performance, release management and drive development of a project dashboard and enhancements to efficiently manage the portfolio.
- Works closely and effectively with the Portfolio Director to keep well informed of risks, issues, achievements and opportunities for improvements.
- Ad hoc research and information gathering efforts.
Resource Sourcing and Planning
- Coordinate with internal and external recruiters to ensure the optimal level of resources are available.
- Collaborate with Portfolio Director and Resource Manager to determine contract assignments.
Leadership of Special Projects:
- Oversee small to portfolio-wide projects or initiatives.
- Scope, plan and execute multiple, often quick-turnaround projects with minimal outside assistance.
- Work with appropriate stakeholders, including outside parties, to help drive decisions.
Communications and Engagement
- Present timely work-in-progress updates to the Portfolio Director on the status of projects and urgent issues as they surface
- Represents Portfolio Director in meetings, by email, and phone calls with internal and external stakeholders in Director's absence.
- Strategic thinker with excellent interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence
- Leadership skills with ability to inspire others to achieve common objectives
- Strong operational, analytical and execution skills (planning, project management problem solving etc.)
- Demonstrated capacity for independent judgment and sound decision making in a diverse and complex organizational environment.
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal) with ability to simplify and explain complex problems to stakeholders of all levels
- Collaborative, facilitative leader, with drive for decisive results.
- Experience with interviewing candidates and selecting star performers.
- Ability to build strong sustainable relationships
- Capability to interact within all levels of the organization, internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to balance and influence multiple competing priorities
- Orientation as a team player who understands internal and external stakeholders from a diverse range of backgrounds
- Impeccable attention to detail and organizational skills
- Highly organized and proficient at leading multiple initiatives at one time
- Flexible, capable of navigating ambiguity, and succeeding in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with MS Project, Excel, Visio or Lucid Chart
- PMP Certified
- Experience in SDLC projects, using Agile methodologies