Bookkeeper (part-time) - Construction
- Job Title
- Bookkeeper (part-time) - Construction
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Jacksonville, FL 32241
- Other Location
Our client is a growing construction consulting company ranging from small renovation to million dollar renovation projects for both government and private sectors. They are looking to add to their growing team by adding a part-time (25-30 hours/week) Bookkeeper to perform routine accounting activities such as maintenance of the general ledger, preparation of various accounting statements and financial reports, basic forecasting and accounts payable or receivable functions. Maintains and records business transactions. Balances ledgers, reconciles accounts, and prepares reports. Follows bookkeeping procedures established by the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Report financial results to the CEO/Owner
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Maintain banking relationships
- Check book reconciliation
- Reconcile merchant services and credit card charges
- Make general ledger entries
- File all miscellaneous documents from bank and insurance companies and any other important documents.
- Assist in monthly finance document preparation
- Distribute all vendor bills to appropriate departments; enter vendor invoices checking g/l codes
- Make general ledger entries; check g/l accounts for missed posting
- Match checks with invoices; file paid invoices; answer any questions regarding paid or open invoices
- Post all payments from lock box, wire transfers, credit card
- All deposits from bank statement
- Print and mail monthly statements
- Take credit card payments over the phone
- Deal with short pays sending copies of invoices to customer
- Take customer calls regarding their account
- Make notes on account regarding conversations with customers
- Answer customer service questions
- Call, fax or email past due invoices
- Send out letters during the month to past due customers
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
- Required Skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
• High school required; some college coursework in accounting, bookkeeping, or business preferred
• Minimum 5 to 7 years’ experience in bookkeeping or accounting, preferably in the construction industry.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications and QuickBooks.
- Pay Range
- $14.00 Hourly to $17.00 Hourly