- Job Title
- Technical Support
- Job ID
- AUSTIN, TX 78759-5457
- Other Location
Quali System provides a simple self-service approach to automate provisioning of our customers application and infrastructure environments to help their business rapidly develop, test, deploy, and demo on-demand – on any cloud.
Through our award-winning Environment as a Service solutions, we have helped organizations like yours:
- Significantly reduce their network Dev, test, and training lab costs by 61%.
- Shorten sales cycles from 14 months down to 9 months by removing the complexity and time-consuming manual processes of setting up infrastructure environments.
- Scale and accelerate application delivery by creating and sharing application environment blueprints throughout the DevOps lifecycle.
Quali is seeking Technical Support candidates with a desire to support Quali’s solution in the fields of DevOps value chain and advanced automation, virtual infrastructure, and storage. As an ideal candidate you’ll be heavily focused on supporting Quali’s solution on-premises and in the cloud (SaaS), bringing value to Quali’s customers.
As a member of the Technical Support team, you’ll be responsible for proactive monitoring, troubleshooting, and resolution of network incidents in support of mission critical platforms as well as issues reported by Quali customers and partners. Proven knowledge in extensive network support of high-availability networks, applications, and the ability to provide support to end customers and partners will be essential for your success. This position will require a rotating schedule and support off-hours.
- Focus on monitoring customer uptime, provide immediate support to address network and application layer issues
- Communicate with systems and engineering departments as well as Customer and Partner IT staff to resolve and prevent issues
- Monitor all aspects of network/systems infrastructure and provide outbound communications
- Provide 1st level support to resolve complex, technical problems
- Effectively communicate status to the Incident Response Team and staff
- Actively work in an incident response capacity
- Documentation of trouble resolution through the use of trouble ticketing system
- Proven knowledge and experience with one of the following scripting or programming languages (C / C++ / C# / Objective C / Java / TCL / Python / Perl / Ruby, etc.)
- VoIP knowledge a plus
- Working experience with at least one of the following sets of technologies: virtualization (OpenStack, VMWare), cloud (Azure, AWS), networking (Cisco, Juniper, NFV), operating systems (Linux, Windows), enterprise DevOps, security and performance testing (Breaking Point, ixNetwork, ixLoad), configuration management (Puppet, Chef, Ansible), software development (IDEs, GitHub, Jenkins, Agile/SCRUM)
- Strong communication and documentation skills required
- Desire and ability to develop technical skills and take on additional responsibilities in order to add value to departmental and Quali’s mission and goals
- Previous experience working in a Network Operations Center is a plus
- CCNA certification a plus
- Understanding of sub-netting and network segmenting
- IP routing - configuration and troubleshooting
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience a plus
Quali values their employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.