- Job Title
- Job ID
- SANTA MARIA, CA 93455
- Other Location
Dating back to 1871, our client has diversified their businesses, while maintaining a core focus on estate vineyard holdings. As one of the largest Organic Certified vineyards in the Paso Robles Highlands, our client possesses 25 different wine grape varieties and are sustainably farmed, and SIP Certified.
Controller (West Coast Operations)
As our client’s ideal candidate, you must possess current knowledge of GAAP principles. You must also have a CPA licensure and a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience with a bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting. A demonstrated ability to improve accounting operations and excellent communication, organizational, and analytic skills will be essential for your success.
- Develop and maintain accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements
- Address tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities
- Supervise, direct, and review the work of the accounting department
- Ensure completion and review of all post-close reconciliations (bank recs, FA, AR, AP, and all other main balance sheet account reconciliations)
- Oversee cash flow forecast – ensure that the company is maximizing its credit facilities
- Ensure compliance to GAAP accounting standards and the law
- Help deliver the Microsoft Navision implementation for the accounting modules
- Strong computer skills, MS Excel, (managing spreadsheets, creating charts and using advanced formulas)
- Solid knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, laws, and regulations
- Excellent analytical skills to manage large amounts of data
- Team management skills
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance is a plus
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits.
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.