IT Project Manager
- Job Title
- IT Project Manager
- Job ID
- WASHINGTON, DC 20005-4208
- Other Location
TRAIN Project Manager
The Public Health Foundation (PHF), a national, non-profit organization dedicated to improving the public’s health by strengthening the quality and performance of public health practice, is seeking a Project Manager for a position located in Washington, DC for its TRAIN Learning Network and Programs (train.org). TRAIN is a multi-tenant national learning network that provides thousands of quality training opportunities to more than 2.5 million professionals who protect and improve the public's health.
As the Project Manager, you will be the primary liaison between PHF and TRAIN’s technology vendor, KMI. Your focus in this role will be to lead the development and maintenance activities for the TRAIN project. This includes gathering and reviewing business requirements, reviewing, and understanding use cases and business processes and consolidating them with the technical requirements written by the technology vendor. In addition, you will ensure that all approved requirements are met in both the functional specifications provided by the vendor and the developed functionality. You will also lead any User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of TRAIN.
- Work with key stakeholders to document desired business requirements, processes and use cases for changes to the TRAIN LMS.
- Communicate both internally and with external stakeholders regarding status of ongoing development projects.
- Work with staff and clients to review functional specifications, technical requirements and other deliverables provided by the LMS vendor to make sure they meet all stated PHF’s business requirements.
- Serve as the primary liaison between PHF and its clients and the LMS vendor to translate functional requirements and technical specifications, plan development of TRAIN functionality, and schedule development items.
- Identify project risks and issues. Work with LMS vendor to mitigate known risks and address issues as they arise.
- Translate process improvement recommendations into functional requirements that can be prioritized and integrated t into future TRAIN releases.
- Facilitate requirements gathering sessions with PHF clients and internal PHF staff as necessary.
- Provide periodic status to PHF Senior Management on overall project status.
- Lead quality assurance and system testing efforts (user acceptance test planning and execution) for TRAIN and future releases to ensure all stated and approved requirements are met by the developed/upgraded system.
- Manage system documentation including business requirements documents, functional designs, user manuals, test scripts, plans, and training materials.
- Assist PHF Senior Management and Project Sponsors to build business cases to assist with planning and prioritizing functionality development for TRAIN.
- Define and manage the scope of the project in collaboration with TRAIN Director and Assistant Director.
- Create a detailed work plan, which identifies and sequences the activities needed to complete the project.
- Develop TRAIN contract documents, as appropriate.
- Work with LMS vendor to ensure TRAIN security matches or exceeds industry standards.
- Oversee Tier 1 end user support for TRAIN and provide Tier 2 end user support, as appropriate. Tier 1 support includes, but is not limited to:
- Provide required access to staff to required systems.
- Provide training to users as needed for current and new systems.
- Respond to requests received through the help desk in accordance with established Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with the LMS vendor.
- Ensure that systems requests are worked on in accordance with the priority established by leadership.
- Contribute to business development and ad hoc projects, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, or related degree.
- 3-5 years of project management experience
- 3-5 years of professional IT experience, specifically in systems/business analysis.
- 2-3 years of managing small to mid-size projects.
- 1-2 years of experience as a Tester, QA Analyst.
- Strong analytical skills, specifically, the ability to facilitate requirements gathering and translate into business requirements and functional specifications.
- Strong business process re-engineering and documentation skills (e.g., experience with process mapping).
- Ability to perform diagnostics, identify problems and provide resolutions.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Exceptional customer service skills, focus and commitment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and competing demands and responsibilities with competing priorities.
- Extensive experience working with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project).
- Experience with Learning Management Systems
- Experience working with a customer support ticketing system
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including a competitive salary, for that outstanding candidate!
The PHF staff has created an environment of strong organizational values of putting people first, excellence in the work we do, open and honest communication, and being supportive of one another. To learn more about our staff values, please visit our website at http://www.phf.org/AboutUs/Pages/Staff_Values.aspx.
Public Health Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.