Patient Service Representative
- Job Title
- Patient Service Representative
- Job ID
- ROUND ROCK, TX 78681-4311
- Other Location
Patient Service Representative (Front Desk)
You want your next step to be the right one, and then this may be your opportunity. If you have worked in a fast-paced office in the past and you enjoy establishing your own organizational systems, our client is excited to talk with you. They’re looking for someone who can operate effectively with little or no supervision and who can manage multiple tasks at once without feeling overwhelmed.
With a customer service orientation, you’ll ensure an efficient front office by answering the telephone, receiving patients, preparing the office for the day, verifying benefits, checking out patients, cashiering and performing end-of-day reconciliation.
- Opens the office each day, according to protocol and greets patients pleasantly as they arrive for scheduled appointments
- Collects co-pays, takes pictures of all new patients, and provides new patients appropriate paperwork for required signatures
- Verifies demographic and insurance information for new and established patients, according to protocol
- Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice
- Handles patient payment at the time of service and posting of payments
- Verifies insurance eligibility on all patients prior to their appointment and informs patient if any money will be due outside of a copay for the services that will be rendered as per our financial policy guidelines
- High school diploma required; Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in a medical office, telemarketing, or other customer service position
- Proven experience handling upset patients/customers and dealing with conflict
- Familiarity with scheduling and rearranging appointments
- Working knowledge of managed care
- Maintains detailed knowledge of practice management, medical EMR software and other computer software as it relates to job functions
- Knowledge of practice management, word processing software and medical EMR software
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package. Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.