Controller - CPA
- Job Title
- Controller - CPA
- Job ID
- HOUSTON, TX 77056-1884
- Other Location
Located in Houston, our client is an early stage manufacturer of downhole electric heating systems for the Oil & Gas Industry. They have their own manufacturing facilities in the UK through a fully owned subsidiary and are start-up, well-capitalized and have opportunities to deliver products and services globally.
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join a team focused on technology and innovation as a Controller.
The experienced candidate we seek will have responsibility for the accounting operations, including the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. Success in the role is going to take someone that is extremely sharp, has extensive accounting and possess strong work ethic.
- Oversees month-end closing and year-end closings.
- Maintains accounting systems to ensure that proper, complete, and accurate recordkeeping in according in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Evaluates performance and adjusts operations when needed to ensure the accounting meets overall goals and objectives.
- Provides training, guidance, and direction to employees to ensure work is performed in an efficient, timely, and knowledgeable manner.
- Prepares and provides financial statements, sales reports, commission reports, analysis, and other reports on a scheduled or unprompted basis.
- Maintains and reconciles the fixed assets to the general ledger.
- Prepares multiple state agency reports for tax and regulatory purposes.
- Reports directly to the CEO.
- Responsible for managing ~10mln USD in US and UK bank accounts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required; CPA and Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years accounting experience with some experience in a Senior or Lead Role.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of computer-based spreadsheets and reporting.
- Excellent accounting skills and strong organization and communication skills.
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive compensation, performance bonus set on personal and company goals and an extensive benefits package.
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.