Our team is growing. You will, too.
- Job Title
- Software Developer
- Job ID
- Kansas City, MO 64105
- Other Location
Location: Kansas City
Travel Required: No
Physical Requirements: Normal Office Environment
AutoAlert is the automotive industry’s leading data mining and lead generation platform helping dealerships identify high-quality leads, increase volume of retail trade-ins, and improve customer retention. Founded in 2002, AutoAlert has provided the automotive industry with innovative software, direct marketing and training solutions currently implemented in over 3500 dealerships.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for contributing and supporting an array of applications using the latest .NET Framework and modern front-end technologies. As a member of a highly engaged team, the Software Engineer will be responsible for conforming to company policies and industry best practices to perform development tasks such as coding and application/web development with the goal to develop and implement new software programs and maintain and improve the performance of existing software.
- Perform a key role in the design, installation, testing, and maintenance of software systems and provide improvement recommendations as necessary
- Design and develop client-server modules, components, and integration end-points
- Interface with data technologies such as PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, and Elasticsearch
- Maintain a high level of code integrity by writing clean and testable code
- Build reusable and scalable code using established design patterns
- Assemble and model industry best-practices in order to foster best-in-breed software development within and across departments
- Quickly understand functional requirements and work with the team to provide solutions
- Understand the need for time to market
- Participate as a member of a scrum team working closely with peers in an agile environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Ability to communicate technical details at a high level
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of software development experience particularly in the .NET Framework using C#, .NET, Web API, MVC technologies
- 2+ years experience working with relational databases such as Microsoft SQL Server or Postgresor document store databases such as Elasticsearch, Mongo, or CouchDB
- Demonstrated Technical leadership
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Working knowledge of Agile SDLC methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Basic understanding of Microsoft’s Unit Testing Framework using Visual Studio test tools
- Ability to operate in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Health Savings Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement Plan
Eligibility requirements apply to all plans. AutoAlert, LLC reserves the right to alter all benefit offerings at will. To protect our Dealer-Client relationships, we will require a written consent from a GM or higher to move to the interview process if coming from a dealership.
AutoAlert, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.