Option 1: Create a New Profile
Coordinator, Economic Development
- Job Title
- Coordinator, Economic Development
- Job ID
- HOUSTON, TX 77010
- Other Location
WHO WE ARE
The Partnership is a place for community-minded business leaders who want to be involved in Houston’s positive growth and influence the direction in which Houston is going. Through the dedicated efforts of our members, the Partnership addresses Houston’s unique challenges, and champions the growth and success of our region.
Since 1840, the Greater Houston Partnership has strived to make the region the best place to live, work and build a business. We serve over 1,100 member companies in the 11-county Houston region including Austin, Brazoria, Chambers, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Liberty, Montgomery, San Jacinto, Walker, Waller, and Wharton counties.
Join us as we work together to make Houston greater.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR TODAY
The Partnership is looking for a nimble, detail oriented, administrative coordinator to assist project managers within the Economic Development Division in managing prospect activity as it relates to the generation of leads and development of prospects and proposals to advance the mission of the Greater Houston Partnership :“To make Houston one of the world’s best places to live, work, and build a business.”
The primary role and responsibility of this position is the coordination of domestic economic development initiatives for a team of approximately seven economic development staff members. The major focus of these activities includes marketing the Houston region as a business destination for expanding and relocating businesses, in order to foster new job creation, increase capital investment and an enhanced regional gross domestic product. Other duties include coordination with the EDD Managers and VP on committee activities, reporting and budgeting, as well as contract compliance as needed.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The following responsibilities are essential to job performance:
- Field incoming phone calls and web requests related to prospective projects and advise departmental staff;
- Assist and coordinate with EDD managers as needed on various business attraction programs and initiatives;
- Assist in the gathering of information and services to assigned leads, and prospects. Services include, but are not limited to the following: webinars, marketing, community information, custom proposals, real estate searches, special incentives, workforce development, custom proposal preparation, coordination for site visits, briefings, orientations, VIP introductions, regional ally support/referral, press releases, ground breaking, open houses and other assistance as needed to recruit and retain companies;
- Maintain and organize accurate records of interaction with prospects, initiative leaders, business volunteers and other relevant stakeholders throughout the sales cycle; specifically, maintain and track direct-contact, suspect information within Salesforce or other CRM software used by Partnership and the Economic Development Division;
- Interface and build relationships with EDD allies and trade organizations;
- Obtain and maintain knowledge of assigned target industries, industry trends and influencers, as well as general knowledge about the business community of the 12-county region served by the Partnership;
- Assist with the development and execution of marketing plans and materials, target company lists and marketing ally lists;
- Manage updates and changes to Salesforce (CRM) software, including Salesforce training materials and conducting Salesforce training sessions;
- Work with other departments such as Research, Marketing/Communications, and International Investment & Trade team in support of achieving organizational goals;
- Assist in overall Partnership marketing program and services for prospective clients and new members;
- Assist with the preparation of expense reports for Vice President and project managers;
- Maintain consultant database;
- Support and coordinate any and all committee meetings including logistics for which the Economic Development Division may have responsibility;
- Manage new committee member on-boarding process
- Assist leadership with the preparation of reports and presentations for any and all departmental initiatives and functions;
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are desirable for job success:
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Salesforce, budget tracking systems, and other software programs;
- Ability to coordinate, engage and fully utilize member expertise;
- Professional appearance;
- Professional interaction with all levels of internal and external contacts;
- Preference for fast paced, goal- and team-oriented environment;
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines, with minimal supervision;
- Ability and flexibility to prioritize and work on multiple assignments;
- Preference for detail work and accuracy.
Behavioral Competencies- Attributes, Behaviors, and Characteristics (ABC’s)
Teamwork Balances team and individual responsibilities; contributes to building a positive team spirit; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; puts success of team above own interests
Exceptional Communications- Communicates effectively and persuasively, both verbally and in writing; Can write prose with proper grammar and syntax; listens actively; builds trust; uses the appropriate media for the situation; knows what and when to communicate to a particular audience.
Collaborative - Builds bridges internally/externally; works with others to achieve common goals; respectful; forms teams; gets to “yes”
Accountable- willing to be judged; takes ownership; makes decisions; overcomes obstacles; takes initiative and finishes a job at a high-level of excellence.
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Previous experience or training in sales, marketing or related field, in a public, private or non-profit organization, or a combination of the above type experience and training.
- Good vision and hearing acuity (with adaptive aids if necessary).
- Manual dexterity and skillful use of computer keyboard.
- Physical exertion includes bending, pushing, standing, and walking. Must be able to move or lift approximately 25 pounds on occasion.
Mental and Aptitude Requirements
- Job requires analytical, conceptual, problem-solving, critical thinking, proactive planning, and decision-making skills.
Adhere to the office safety policies and procedures.
The Greater Houston Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are treated without regard to such factors as race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by law.