Senior Accounting Manager
- Job Title
- Senior Accounting Manager
- Job ID
- Burlingame, CA 94010
- Other Location
Our client, founded by two entrepreneurially minded engineers with backgrounds in automotive product development, aerospace, automated-machinery, and medical device industries has developed a product which has greatly helped the commercial trucking industry.
Senior Accounting Manager
You have integrity and hold yourself to the highest ethical standards. You have a reputation for excellence and your attention to detail is impeccable. For you, no task is too small or too big, you can do it all. If this sounds like you, we would like to talk to you.
Our client is seeing an experienced, hands-on Senior Accounting Manager to be responsible for ensuring a smooth-running end-to-end process, from budgeting, interaction with operations teams, financial statement disclosure, and analysis and board reporting of capital project data. You’ll be tasked with the monthly closing of the company’s fixed asset sub-ledger and ensuring the timely and accurate completion of account analysis, reconciliations, and reporting requirements. This is a high visibility role in which you’ll interact with senior leadership across accounting, finance, and operations.
The ideal candidate will possess leadership capabilities, solid operational and technical accounting background and works proactively to drive results. This person must be a self-starter, flexible, have a high level of integrity and is action and goal-oriented in a fast-paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Oversee and lead the continuing transition of daily accounting activities to an outside vendor
- Oversee monthly Payroll both in Canada and US
- Lead the company’s efforts in inventory accounting, working closely with the Operations Team
- Research and lead implementation of new ERP
- Collaborate with external auditors on audits to ensure successful results and compliance.
- Manage Investor relations and Company Equity System
- Record necessary month-end accruals and initial reviews of depreciation expenses.
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
- Interacts at all levels and with budget owners or other stakeholders to produce timely, efficient, and accurate month-end close and all internal management and financial reporting through annual report
- Responsible for hierarchy and scalability in chart of accounts and accuracy in the general ledger and financial statements
- Analyze the effect of statutory accounting practices and studies regulations and guidance to ensure correct application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Assist with compilation of information for preparation of tax returns for various states
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or related field
- 5+ years proven accounting experience and project management
- Professional accounting certification, including CMA, CGA, or CA
- Working knowledge of finance law and regulatory standards (GAAP)
- Strong understanding of economic and banking processes
- Proven payroll experience, with a focus on streamlining accounting processes
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local tax compliance regulations and reporting
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.