SEARCH FOR JOBS AT AGRANA
- Job Title
- Production Supervisor
- Job ID
- Syracuse, NY 13202
- Other Location
AGRANA Fruit is a global leader in delivering healthy and delicious food solutions in partnership with our valued customers. Our co-collaboration mindset results in the development of innovative products across multiple categories including refrigerated & frozen dairy, bakery and food service. Our team of experts are passionate about the wonderful world of food, the communities we serve and meeting the needs of consumers around the world.
Production Supervisor, Food Manufacturing, Lysander, NY
The Production Supervisor is directly responsible for all manufacturing activities to ensure a safe and efficient operation to deliver quality products in accordance with the shift production priorities. Primary responsibility will entail labor management and allocation, training and development, continuous improvement projects and product quality.
Production Supervisor Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and manage hourly workforce to achieve designated production and quality goals. Allocate resources as necessitated by changes in the production schedule and assure staffing levels are adequate, thus eliminating downtime and maximizing efficiencies.
- Audit production departments (Fruit prep, Cooks, Tote Wash and Packout) daily to ensure compliance with all Standard Operating Procedures and Safety Policies. Conduct Safety Audits assuring safe work practices are being observed and there is a proactive approach to addressing identified hazards on the shift.
- Responsible for validating that the monitoring steps for Critical Control Points meet the requirements of the HACCP plan through trending reviews and submit all required end of shift paperwork to the Quality Department.
- Responsible for supervision of the sanitation and cleaning of equipment, including; Ensure that proper chemicals levels are being used and proper procedures are being followed; manage and monitor employees to ensure that procedures and standards are being followed; updating of master sanitation schedule.
- Manage the flow of materials through the production process assuring production schedules are being achieved, waste is minimized, and overall quality of the product meets customer specifications
- Communicate with support areas (Maintenance, Quality, Shipping/Receiving and Unitizing) to eliminate/reduce unnecessary downtime due to mechanical issues, address identified quality concerns and coordinate the appropriate flow of raw materials and finished goods. Contributing to the overall efficiency of the production process on the shift
- Manage employee relations on shift. Requires aptitude to interpret and apply Company policies in a consistent and fair manner. Address policy infractions with employees and assist in structuring development plans associated with the specific nature of the infraction. Positively impact overall employee engagement level on shift by creating a culture of open communication and assuring employee concerns are addressed in a timely manner.
- Completion of downtime reports daily, and verification of production paperwork submitted by hourly associates. Report out daily to Management and on-coming shift identifying areas of concern and specifying the cause of the downtime, efficiency gaps and material waste. Communication process allows for root cause analysis by group, as well as proper product scheduling and labor planning for on-coming shift.
- Conduct training on shift relative to safety, quality, and production related topics. Ensure the proper on-boarding of new associates through the completion of the job specific training matrix. Continuous evaluation of training on the shift and identification of deficiencies in current training plan. Communication of training needs to Management assuring employees are provided opportunities to develop and grow within the Company.
- Develop continuous improvement to areas of responsibility based on key performance indicators.
- Actively support plant safety team initiative and ensure work environment is safe for employees.
- Responsible for the direct development and performance tracking of all direct reports.
- Participate in establishing, monitoring, and achieving plant operational targets and goals.
Production Supervisor Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Food Science, Business, or Engineering preferred) or equivalent experience
- Minimum two years supervisory experience in the food industry, pharmaceutical or other like industry.
- Strong working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, HACCP programs.
- Capable of managing multiple priorities
- Strong computer skills proficient using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Effective Communicator
- Excellent leadership and cross functional team skills
- Basic knowledge of SAP, or similar, operating systems
- Excellent problem-solving skills focusing on Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action.
Agrana Fruit offers competitive salary and provides an excellent benefits package. We are proud to be able to say that our employee costs are some of the lowest in our industry! Benefits offered by Agrana are designed to promote wellness and the well-being of every Agrana employee.
If interested, email us at email@example.com or apply today!