- Job Title
- Pharmacy Technician
- Job ID
- Conroe, TX 77304
- Other Location
The Pharmacy Technician is responsible for assisting the Director of Pharmacy and any pharmacist on duty with tasks involving providing high quality pharmacy and healthcare services to Lone Star patients.
Standard hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Accurately and efficiently prepare, file, and mail routine paperwork.
- Accurately enter and maintain patient data into computer system.
- Accurately and efficiently make and count back change, fill prescriptions, and place items in correct location.
- Understand and effectively follow procedures, policies and laws.
- Resolve patient’s concerns following all local, state, federal laws and 340B rules.
- Keep shelves stocked, neat and clean.
- Able to visually verify small print, including medication expiration dates and shelf labels.
- Communicate effectively with patients, employees and other healthcare providers.
- Check medication for expiration dates.
- Stock and organize products on shelves correctly.
- Neatly label prescription vials or bottles for patient medications.
High School graduate (or GED).
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy.
Bilingual in English and Spanish.
Two (2) or more years’ experience as a Pharmacy Technician.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Lone Star Family Health Center (LSFHC) is an equal opportunity employer. The equal employment opportunity policy of LSFHC provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. LSFHC hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. LSFHC reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants. LSFHC provides a work environment in which each employee is able to be productive and work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all employees and applicants.