Director of Human Resources
- Job Title
- Director of Human Resources
- Job ID
- CULVER CITY, CA 90230
- Other Location
Our client was formed by a group of parents and community activists who sought to establish a day training program as an alternative to institutional care for individuals with developmental disabilities. Over the years, their services have expanded to meet the needs of their target population, by developing and implementing early intervention programs for infants and toddlers, and residential, work and day programs for adults. In 2008, they added a K‐12 school and a comprehensive Mental Health Program to their services. Now, they support approximately 4,000 children, adults, and their families at 15 service sites, in clients’ homes, and in community settings throughout L.A. County.
Director of Human Resources
As the Director of Human Resources, you’ll plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the policies, activities, and staff of the Human Resources department, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the Foundations mission and talent strategy.
• Oversee the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leaves; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; training and development. Identifies staffing and recruitment needs; develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management. Manage the entire life cycle of the employment experience, recruitment/hiring, on boarding, orientation, performance evaluation, disciplinary actions, wage, and salary structure, pay increases, and exit interviews. Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organizations human resource compliance and strategic planning needs.
• Collaborate with senior leadership to develop the organizations strategy related to staffing, recruitment, and retention. Provide training, guidance and support to directors and supervisors on human resources-related issues. Respond to inquiries regarding personnel policies, procedures, and employee information. Coordinate investigations as a result of client and/or employee complaints/grievances and recommend course of action.
• Maintain relationship with the organization’s Professional Employer Organization (PEO). Oversee benefit administration including health, life, and LTD insurance, pension plan, COBRA, leaves of absence (FMLA, CFRA, Pregnancy Disability, etc.), unemployment insurance, and ensure prompt and accurate information is communicated to employees.
• Monitor and ensure the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modify policies and practices to maintain compliance; update personnel policy manual and related documents accordingly. Ensure the organization’s compliance with Worker’s Compensation and OSHA requirements. Serve as the primary contact for the organization’s employment law attorney.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or related discipline.
• 10+ years of experience working in the Human Resources field with 5+ years of director level experience in human resources for a similar sized organization. SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP a plus.
• Thorough knowledge of current federal and state employment laws and regulations including, but not limited to, Wage and Hour laws, ADA, FMLA, CFRA, OSHA, workers’ compensation, I-9 requirements, COBRA, etc.
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite or related software and the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
• Strong understanding of the recruiting process, benefits administration, employee relations and other HR functions.
• Valid California driver’s license, reliable transportation, evidence of car insurance, and insurable driving record. Motorcycles are not permitted while driving for ECF, may only be used when commuting to and from your home to main worksite. If using public transportation only, driving requirements do not apply.
• Pass a DOJ background clearance.
• Provide evidence of a negative TB test initially and every three years thereafter.
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package.
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.