- Job Title
- Batchmaker/Production Operator
- Job ID
- North Ridgeville, OH 44039
- Other Location
Our client is a unique company devoted to providing turn-key flooring solutions for today's industrial marketplace. They manufacture complete flooring solutions for the heavy manufacturing, commercial, food and beverage, pharmaceutical and biotech markets, with a keen focus toward ESD control, ignition control and antimicrobial solutions for today's high-tech industries.
Batchmaker / Production Operator
This job requires an unwavering team member whom prides themselves on doing the job right the first time. If this sound likes you, then we want to speak with you! Please apply today!
Batchmaker / Production Operators are primarily responsible for operating mixing equipment to blend ingredients into compounds for processing. As the Batchmaker / Packager, you’ll mix, monitor, test and balance a variety of chemicals according to specified procedures and protocols. You’ll also be responsible for packaging bulk liquid batches into final packaging of cans, pails or drums. In the absence of the Shipping Clerk, you’ll sometimes be required to pull orders and prepare them for shipping.
- Loads ingredients into mixing vessels from drums, totes or pails in accordance with batching making procedures.
- Operates machine until mixture reaches desired consistency and submits retain sample to QC laboratory for testing and release.
- Operates auxiliary equipment to break up, grind, dry mix, or otherwise prepare mixture for final processing.
- Operates forklifts and hand trucks.
- Assists co-workers with daily operations.
- Picks products for shipping, ensuring all products are accurate and in good condition.
- Wraps packages or inspects wrapping for conformance to company standards and postal regulations.
- Packages hazardous materials in accordance with DOT and IATA shipping regulations.
- Communicates with the Plant Manager or Order Entry to ensure that all orders are ready to ship.
- Unloads and checks in all inbound freight.
- 6 months – 1+ year as a chemical mixer and/or working with chemicals in a production environment.
- Knowledge of Internet, inventory, and manufacturing softwares along with Order processing systems and Word processing software.
- Able to understand and process percentages and ratios.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, 401K, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.