- Job Title
- Warehouse Associate
- Job ID
- ATLANTA, GA 30318-4146
- Other Location
Our client’s 40,000 square foot receiving, storage, and distribution center, located in the Howell Mill Road area of Midtown Atlanta, Georgia, opened for business in February 2012. Although the company is new to the Atlanta area, the individuals involved have been working with stores and designers here for more than ten years.
Our client’s owner is originally from the southwest of England and has spent five years working with galleries and auction houses in New York, including Sotheby's, Christie's and Phillips de Pury, and six years working in the designer services industry in Atlanta, covering all aspects of art and antiques handling. From inspection to delivery and installation, from packing and crating to international and domestic shipping, he has established a strong reputation as the person to trust with our client’s customers valued items.
They also operate 40,000 square foot of warehousing and are committed to providing a safe environment for their employees to protect against COVID 19. They are taking every precaution by implementing safety and sanitation measures, including providing all PPE supplies to their clientele and staff.
Do you believe in “doing the job right the first time?” Are you hands-on and strive for quality instead of quantity? Do you place safety above all else? If so, we want to speak with you!
As the Warehouse Associate, you’ll be trained on numerous warehouse operations including how to:
- Properly handle, pack, transport, and install all types of fine and decorative arts, antique to contemporary designer furniture, from small objects and collectibles to large furniture and sculpture.
- Efficiently perform warehouse storage and prepare shipping documentation for tracking movement of objects
- Effectively conduct inventory, warehouse and collection management procedures and protocols
- Apply installation techniques for wide variety of furniture and fine art
- 1+ years of warehouse experience
- Proficient in verbal and written English, detail oriented, with focus on customer service
- Well-groomed, adaptable, committed, and suitable for work in private residences, galleries, museums, and corporate offices, as well as warehouses
- Able to safely lift and maneuver objects of substantial size and weight on a daily basis; physically and mechanically without damage to object or person
- Forklift and scissor lift operation with certified experience preferred but not required
- Punctual, dependable, with attention to detail especially for responsibilities required of paperwork and technical implementation
- Commitment to company hours and overtime, as required
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive pay, based on skill set and experience. A review of pay is completed after the 90-day probationary period. Our client also provides an extensive benefits package.
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company.
Please emphasize any specific skills or experience which may be relevant in your cover letter, such as:
- Fine art and/or furniture handling experience/knowledge in conservation/repair, packing methods and materials
- Installation experience in procedures and techniques or related trades background
- Woodworking, light construction, crate construction
- Computer inventory / database / registration or documentation knowledge
- Furniture and specialized handling / household or designer moving
- Truck driving including type(s) of trucks experienced and licensed to operate
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.