IT / PACS Project Manager
- Job Title
- IT / PACS Project Manager
- Job ID
- San Diego, CA
- Other Location
IT / PACS Project Manager
Our Client is a global leader, committed to the advancement of technology that improves cancer survival rates worldwide. With research that leverages artificial intelligence (AI) and deep learning to develop the next generation of medical image analysis, delivers technology that doctors, healthcare systems and patients can confidently rely on.
If you want to be part of innovation that saves lives, take a giant step in your career, and put your hands-on experience to work in a successful start-up environment, we want you to join and grow with their team.
The IT / PACS Project Manager will have superior technical and project management skills with the ability to deliver critical client and partner support. This position will have the opportunity to interface with their clients and technical partners to ensure their products are integrated correctly and on time. The ideal candidate has a background in information technology, project management, and customer success.
- Lead product installations acting as the liaison between internal resources, clients, and 3rd party integration partners.
- Coordinate with onsite PACS / RIS administrators within radiology group to configure systems
- Manage project, deadlines technical and security requirements, and any other details to drive successful installations
- Lead and deliver customer end user training
- Expand and manage our technical integrations with current and future technical partners
- Participate in technical requirement discussions in pre and post sales client meetings
- Support technical issues that arise from our product installation and troubleshoot issues that arise at current installations
- Utilize project management skills to ensure comprehensive, on-time delivery of all installation and maintenance services ensuring compliance with all contractual SLA (Service Level Agreements)
- Ensure 100% customer satisfaction by providing exceptional service throughout the customer engagement life cycle
- Maintain customer support database to track and document all issues and resolutions
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Project management experience
- Excellent organizational skills and a keen eye for detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Customer success experience
- Willingness and ability to travel at least 25% of the time
- Intermediate level of computer programming (SQL), PACS and database management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced sales environment and multitask
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Business Administration or related field required
- Experience with PACS, RIS, MIS, and other systems in the radiology ecosystem preferred
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- PMP certificate desired, but not required
How you will be measured
- Customer Satisfaction
- On-time, on-target installations and system deployments
- On-time, on-target 3rd party integrations
- Customer issue resolution time and success
- Internal partner (sales, development) satisfaction
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.