Licensed Professional Counselor
- Job Title
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Job ID
- Conroe, TX 77304
- Other Location
The Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) will work with individuals and groups to promote optimum mental and emotional health addressing issues such as, but not limited to, addictions and substance abuse; family, parenting, and marital problems; behavioral disorders; stress management; anxiety; self-esteem; and aging.
Standard hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Counsels patients, individually or in group sessions, to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life, or making changes.
- Collects information about patients through interviews, observations or tests.
- Assesses patients for risk of suicidal thoughts and/or plans.
- Guides patients in the development of skills or strategies for dealing with problems.
- Develops and implements treatment plans based on clinical experience, knowledge or collaboration with other staff members as necessary.
- Fills out and maintains patient documentation, including federal- and state-mandated forms, diagnostic records, and progress notes.
- Prepares and maintains all required treatment records and reports in the electronic health record following Center’s policies in a timely manner.
- Evaluates patients’ physical or mental condition, based on review of patient information.
- Refers patients or family members to community resources or to specialists as necessary.
- Acts as a patient advocate to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations.
- Modifies treatment activities or approaches as needed to comply with changes in patients’ status.
- Meets with families, probation officers, police or other interested parties to exchange necessary information during the treatment process as allowed by law.
- Instructs Family Medicine residents and medical, nursing and other students as appropriate.
Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) with current Texas license.
Bilingual – English and Spanish.
Master’s degree in counseling or other relevant field from four-year college or university.
Minimum of 2 years’ experience in healthcare clinic.
Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC) certification.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Lone Star Family Health Center (LSFHC) is an equal opportunity employer. The equal employment opportunity policy of LSFHC provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. LSFHC hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. LSFHC reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants. LSFHC provides a work environment in which each employee is able to be productive and work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all employees and applicants.