Collection Specialist - Temp Assignment
- Job Title
- Collection Specialist - Temp Assignment
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Jacksonville, FL 32233
- Other Location
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Collections Specialist will collect accounts through custom collections campaigns which consist of emails, phone calls and standard mail correspondence and diligent follow-up. Use various investigative techniques to locate a customer’s whereabouts. Reduce overall delinquency rate. Collaborate with senior management to enhance collections process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make collection calls and/or correspondence to collect past due balances.
- Replies to customer billing correspondence via e-mail, fax, and phone.
- Resolves customer billing escalations by phone and/or e-mail and ensures proper follow up is completed.
- Utilize various skip tracing techniques and collection strategies to locate right parties in order to negotiate payment arrangements.
- Researches misapplied and unidentified payments.
- Processes returned undeliverable mail to ensure against uncollectible accounts.
- Fulfills request for W-9 federal tax forms.
- Aids users requiring update of company billing information.
- Generates billing and collections reports.
- Research accounts requiring refunds.
- Involved in custom project for billing and collection functions of e-Oscar.
- Effectively communicate potential issues with management as needed.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of internal and external associates/customers/colleagues.
- Skilled in organizing and prioritizing work responsibilities in order to accomplish assigned goals.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Effective team player who is willing to go the extra mile for the team.
- Ability to utilize company computer system(s) to enter, look-up, and/or retrieve information.
- Intermediate level knowledge with Microsoft Office software applications.
- Excellent computer research skills (Internet, databases and other electronic resources to track down people).
- Ability to work with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Required Skills
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of work preferred.
4 or more years of work experience in customer service, collections, and/or call center work preferred.
Accounts Receivable knowledge/experience
- Pay Range
- $19.25 None to $0.00 None