- Job Title
- Programmer Analyst
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Regular Full Time
- Jacksonville, FL 32216
- Other Location
We are looking for an ASP.NET MVC, Visual Basic.NET, C#, T-SQL and/or Java Programmer Analyst to perform both system analysis and computer programming functions for various clients’ business applications. Some applications will be Web based and others will be locally hosted.
Developer Skills and Qualifications:
Java, Java Applets, Web Programming Skills, Teamwork, Verbal Communication, Web User Interface Design, Software Requirements, Software Development Process, Object-Oriented Design (OOD), Software Debugging
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential clients, actual clients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Arranges project requirements in programming sequence by analyzing requirements; prepares a work flow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language and logic.
- Programs the computer by encoding project requirements in computer language; entering coded information into the computer.
- Confirms program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes.
- Provides reference for use of prime and personal computers by writing and maintaining user documentation; maintaining a help desk.
- Maintains computer systems and programming guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Maintains his/her professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; such as reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Develops and maintains applications and databases by evaluating client needs, analyzing requirements and developing software systems.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two plus years of relevant experience.
- Experience analyzing information and customer requirements.
- Adept at problem solving and attention to detail.
- Microsoft development stack including ASP.NET MVC, Visual Basic.NET, C#, T-SQL and/or Java.
- Experience with web development.
- Java programming in a business environment
- Java EE, JSF and Java EE design patterns
- MySQL, Oracle, or MS SQL Server
- WebLogic or WebSphere
- Linux experience a plus
- Must provide examples of recent Java code.
- Required Skills
- Optional Skills
Visual Basic, Java, T-SQL, C#
- Pay Range
- $30.00 Hourly to $40.00 Hourly