Minister of Music - Full-time
- Job Title
- Minister of Music - Full-time
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Atlantic Beach, FL 32233
- Other Location
Beaches Church is looking for a full-time Minister of Music to lead their parishioners in making a joyful noise! The right person will work with the Worship & Music Committee to plan for, develop and direct the vocal music ministry at church.
The right candidate develops traditional and contemporary musical offerings for Sunday morning, Holiday, and other special ser vices. Working closely with the Worship & Music Committee, Pastoral Staff, and Program Staff this position serves to enhance the worship of the church to the glory of God. This ministry strives to lead the congregation in the use and enjoyment of music to foster spiritual growth, strengthen their gifts, and be in community with each other.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide pastoral care for participants of the Music Ministry as needed
- Draft and manage the budget for Music Ministry
- Direct Chancel Choir, Bell Choir, and Contemporary Worship Band.
- Lead and/or coordinate weekly rehearsals for choirs and band
- Seek to develop musical opportunities for children and youth to participate in the worship of the church.
In collaboration with pastoral staff, accompanist, and the Worship and Music Commit tee:
- Work to plan and coordinate worship services and related activities, Including vocal, and instrumental music for Sunday morning services, and special and seasonal music programs
- Coordinate and supervise all paid and volunteer staff of the music department
- Attend periodic staff training, professional development, and worship planning events
- Recruit, train, and supervise choirs, soloists, and instrumentalists and engage, employ, and direct vocal and instrumental musicians when appropriate.
- Manage equipment and instruments for Music Department, including copyrights and library.
- Consult and advise Worship and Music Committee regarding technological needs and upgrades for improving the worship experience for both in person and online viewers.
- Communicate with Ministry participants via bulletin information, phone, text messages or email as needed and assist in developing community building and fellowship opportunities for Music Ministry Participants
- Develop congregational participation in church music through emphasis on communal singing
- Serve as a resource to support, foster and coordinate the worship and fellow ship activities of the congregation
- Other responsibilities as agreed upon under the direction of the Senior Pastor.
The Music Minister is under the administrative direction of the Senior Pastor and through the Worship and Music Committee to the Session.
- Accountable to the Pastor/Head of Staff.
- Attend Staff meetings, Music and Worship Committee meetings as scheduled.
- Works with and supervises the Accompanist and praise band in musical selections for worship service.
Evaluation & Review
The Personnel committee will conduct performance reviews annually, with recommendations from the Worship & Music Committee and the Head of Staff. The Personnel Committee will annually review compensation and make recommendations to the Session for approval.
- Required Skills
Bachelor of Music. Experience as a Choir Director. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Strong interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills with the ability to deal with people in a loving caring manner.
Knowledgeable and proficient in vocal technique, choral literature, styles of worship, liturgy and hymnody.
Demonstrated track record of leadership in music and ministry.
Experience in a denominational setting is a plus. Regardless of their faith background, the Minister of Music should demonstrate a mature faith that re flects the values of the churches denomination.
Additional qualities desired are:
Leadership ability-able to work collegially with musicians, artists and other lead ers, and pastorally with a diverse congregation
Theologically grounded-able to articulate a theology of worship that demon strates a solid grasp of historic principles and contemporary issues in Christian worship.
Musically trained - understandsmusic from a variety of genres and generations, including contemporary "praise and worship," traditional hymns and other choral forms, and music of the world church Knowledgeable in vocal technique and choral literature, able to lead music for diverse styles of worship.