Liberty was founded on the principles of challenge and change. We are looking for talented individuals that want to challenge the assumptions of what an IT partner is capable of delivering and help our clients achieve the transformational change that is critical for their success. If you have the knowledge, the experience, and the drive to succeed, Liberty has a place for you. We are committed to help you to realize your potential and achieve success in your career.
Please submit your resume and we'll contact you as soon as relevant positions open up that fit your skills and background.It is the policy of Liberty IT Solutions, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
- Job Title
- Network Architect
- Job ID
- Melbourne, FL 32934
- Other Location
Summary: The Network Architect would design computer networks, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), the Internet, intranets, and other data communications systems. Would create, test, and evaluate networks. Would analyze business requirements to develop technical network solutions and their framework. Would design, test, and inspect data communications systems. Would perform network modeling, analysis, and planning. Would develop technology roadmaps. Would develop test plans, implementation plans, and project timelines for various projects. Would stay abreast of how technology infrastructures are currently impacting and providing value to Public Sector Organizations. Would write functional requirements/specifications documents. Would work with VA IT Operations to perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
Required Education: BS degree in either Network Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer and Information Security, Computer Security or System or Network Administration
Required Years of Experience: Five (5) years of relevant experience
- Understand the WAN and LAN requirements as dictated by the customer.
- Would work with VA IT Operations to perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
- Research, design, test, and implement new or re-engineered network services and solutions.
- Work across organization to migrate large amounts of data between government network environments and industry partners.
- Create new and re-engineer existing processes, workflows, scripts, and automation to improve quality and efficiency
- Leverage enterprise network management platforms and practices to efficiently and effectively run large-scale deployments
- Work with networking equipment to include by not limited to Nexus 5500 series, Mellanox 2700 and 2100 series switches, 10-GbE switches.
- Evaluate service offerings from providers and make recommendations to customer regarding integration of these technologies into existing networks and environments
- Collaborate with the external development teams to integrate new capabilities that are aligned with the overall program strategy
- Provide analysis and technical support for Point of Use (POU)/Point of Care efforts. Support the effort for the interconnection of POU application servers for DMLSS/LogiCole deployment.
- Work with Solution Team and APT Acceleration team to support DMLSS acceleration deployment. Support Solution Group acceleration team in designing computer networks, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), the Internet, intranets, and other data communications systems.
- Provide overall technical network solutions for DMLSS.
- Experience with data center networking and networking technologies including Service Level Agreements, network monitoring, and assessing network health.
- Experience managing internal or client-facing projects to completion and troubleshooting clients' technical issues.
- Must be detail oriented, task driven, and have excellent communication skills
- Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to engage with users in a professional manner and present technical concepts plainly to semi-technical customers
- Desire to learn new technologies and apply them to customer use cases.
- Experience in scalable networking design, including high availability, redundancy, failover and load balancing
- Hands on scripting/programming experience with Terraform, Java, Python, Shell and/or Bash
- Expertise with TCP/IP, routing protocols, switching, IPsec and SSL VPNs, load balancing, firewalls, DNS, DHCP, network monitoring and troubleshooting tools, packet analysis, etc.
- Familiarity with Docker Containers and Agile methodologies