Senior Legal Counsel - R&D (Germany)
- Job Title
- Senior Legal Counsel - R&D (Germany)
- Other Location
Senior Legal Counsel – R&D (Germany)
A progressive biotechnology company outside of Frankfurt, Germany seeks a Senior Legal Counsel - R&D to join its Corporate Legal Department. This is a perfect opportunity for someone that is interested in relocating to Germany for at least two-years. The compensation package is approximately 115,00 euros (roughly $135K) plus a 10% bonus. Note that German language skills are not required but certainly are a plus.
The successful Senior Legal Counsel – R&D is primarily responsible for the day-to-day activity of structuring, drafting and negotiating commercial contracts with the company’s collaborators, vendors and service providers. You are also responsible for assisting with maintaining commercial and corporate policies and procedures, and ensuring consistent application of these throughout the business, through partnering with the business.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Independently drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide scope of business agreements including confidential disclosure agreements, material transfer agreements, master service agreements, consulting agreements, clinical trial agreements, joint development agreements, license agreements etc.
- Providing strategic advice on commercial transactional matters
- Assisting with development, implementation and improvement of systems to support the contract lifecycle management process such as tracking volume and demonstrating cost-effective services
- Assisting with business development due diligence, IP or other relevant matters
- Graduate and a qualified attorney with a minimum of 5 years post-qualification experience.
- Relevant business law experience gained in the Life Science practice of an international law firm or in the corporate legal department of a pharma/life-sciences company, including but not limited to drafting, negotiating and closing international commercial contracts is required
- Previous experience drafting and negotiating complex business transactions is required
- Knowledgeable of health care regulations, guidelines and voluntary codes of practice - particularly with regard to clinical trials regulations, product approvals, and advertising and marketing preferred
- Experience with claims and disputes and general commercial litigation preferred
- Adept knowledge of competition and anti-trust laws preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills in order to ensure that a small legal team functions as a harmonious unit and to manage the expectations of a demanding business management
- Ability to execute tasks with determination, tact, persistence, and a sense of humour, to achieve desired results
- Knowledge and experience of commercial law in processing a wide variety of business transactions and situations and the ability to apply it in such a way that the practical implications of the advice given are fully understood
- Organized and detail oriented; successfully able to manage and prioritize multiple projects within short time frames
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- High degree of creativity and initiative
- Self-starter and results oriented while achieving results with speed and excellence, eliminating unnecessary work, adding value to the organization by motivating others to action, and holding self and others accountable
- Demonstrates sound legal and business judgment