If you want to add your background to our database without applying to a job, please click Create Profile.
- Job Title
- Compensation Manager
- Job ID
The Manager of Compensation is responsible for the development, implementation, administration, and communication of compensation programs and policies. The manager will report to the Director of Total Rewards. The manager will design and execute compensation plans and programs for both the US and Canada. This individual will manage internal and external job creation and evaluations, salary survey participation and analysis of results, salary structure / pay grade development and administration, incentive plan designs and revisions, job mapping, compensation process mapping, and alternative compensation program design in order to optimize our ability to attract and retain top talent. This role ensures that executive pay, base pay, incentive pay and variable pay remain competitive and conform to current compensation strategies, compliance and regulations.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Finance or Accounting, Business Administration, or other related discipline.
• 5 - 7 years compensation management experience (ideally in a publicly-traded company).
• Strong development and management experience of base, executive, incentive compensation (STI/LTI) and commission plans and programs.
• Experience in the design and implementation of compensation structures (all levels).
• 3 years leadership/supervisory experience.
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and accountability.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, draw valid conclusions and recommend and implement solutions.
• Customer focus and discretion with private information.
• Ability to consult and collaborate with multiple stakeholders.
• Knowledgeable of legislation, tax, and regulatory issues impacting compensation overall, ideally in both the US and Canada.
• Experience using Workday preferred. • Advanced expertise in Google Suite and/or Microsoft Office, including expert level in Google Sheets and/or Excel applications