BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Systems Security Engineer
- Job Title
- Systems Security Engineer
- Requirement ID
- Dahlgren, VA 22448
- Other Location
Employment Type: Full-time
Required Security Clearance: Secret
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of five (5) years of experience in systems design, development and integration preferred.
This role will develop requirements from project inception to conclusion for a particular subject matter area (i.e. IT, engineering, linguistics, scientific field, etc.). Will analyze actual and predictable operational activities of a military, governmental, or business system to obtain a quantitative, rational basis for decision making or resource allocation.
Essential functions for the Systems Security Engineer include, but are not limited to:
- Utilizing modeling and measuring techniques, mathematics, statistical methods, engineering methods, and other necessary techniques.
- Provides integral support in the requirements determination, conceptualization, design, development, testing, verification, and documentation of modeling and simulation-based decision support system applications.
- Provides instruction and assistance for the development of several artifacts to include (Categorization Planning, Implementation Planning, ISCM Strategic Planning, Contingency Plans, Change Management, and Incidence Response Plans. etc.).
- Ability to analyze Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) and Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) scanning results.
- Ability to assess technical and non-technical security controls to determine compliance.
- May develop, deliver and train in areas of Assessment and Authorization (A&A), specifically RMF Steps 1-6.
- May provide A&A leadership/guidance for junior, mid-level, and senior level employees.
- Knowledge of DoD Ports, Protocols, and Services (PPS), Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), and DoD Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) policies, and standards.
- Working knowledge Risk Management Framework (RMF) experience, to include NIST SP 800 series and FIPS 199.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must meet DoD 8570 Information Assurance Managerial Level II certification requirements at time of employment.
- Experience with the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) or managing DoD and DoN IA Portfolios.
- Prefer a working knowledge of STIG Viewer, Vulnerability Remediation Asset Manager (VRAM) reporting and understanding of Compliance Task Orders (CTOs).
- Navy Qualified Validator (NQV) a plus.
- Knowledge of RDT&E and/or tactical systems.
- Knowledge of Interim Authority to Test (IATT).
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
- Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
Work Schedule: Core Hours
Background Screening/Check/Investigation: Successful Completion of a Background Check will be required as a condition of hire.
Benefits: Metronome offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefit eligibility is determined on the type of position (full-time, part-time, temporary). Metronome’s range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
Application Process: Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your consideration for employment.
- Select Create Profile and Apply to Requirement
- Complete your Profile and Answer the Questionnaire
- Upload a current resume
- Complete the Online Application and Submit
Evaluation Process: Metronome will evaluate applicants based on how well they meet the qualifications of the position above. Your completed application (including questionnaire, resume, and online application) will be used to determine your eligibility and how well you meet the qualifications for this position.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to your resume and application; if either your resume or application contradicts or does not support your responses, you will disqualify yourself and not receive further consideration for this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Metronome does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Metronome is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process should contact Metronome Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-957-4082. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Required Skills