Senior Accountant - Starke
- Job Title
- Senior Accountant - Starke
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Starke, FL
- Other Location
Our client is looking to bring on a Senior Accountant to help with business continuity. This is a temporary-permanent position with the goal to have them join the team as the work get's back on track.
Responsible for supervising and/or performing all accounting functions. Responsible for assisting the Senior Leadership in various accounting and financial advisory tasks. This is an exempt position which requires a highly skilled individual who can multi-task in various functions including finance and business management.
- Direct payroll functions, including tax reporting and utility billing for approximately 3000 accounts
- Monitor controls concerning payment of expenditures and receipts and record revenues
- Prepare and post all accounting activity in general ledger with help of Assistance Finance Director.
- Prepare City Financial Reports
- Serve as Munis Information Processing Coordinator
- Create pension fund general ledger entries
- Advise city personnel on compliance with governmental accounting principles, methods
- Prepare yearly budget and budget amendments for City Clerk's office only.
- Analyze and advise regarding bank balances and investments
- Prepare year-end closing entries and post to general ledger
- Oversee financial audits
- Create, review and submit pension fund reports
- Required Skills
1. Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and 5 years' experience in a municipal or governmental accounting/finance department. MBA or CPA preferred
2. Extensive knowledge of GAAP and Management Accounting
3. Extensive knowledge of office practices and procedures
4. Ability to make decisions in accordance with departmental rules, regulations and policies
5. Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and other software applications. MUNIS software applications a plus.