- Job Title
- Medical Assistant
- Job ID
- Antioch , IL 60085-2236
- Other Location
- 420 E. IL Route 173
Medical Assistant - Urgent Care
Our client is currently seeking Medical Assistants (MA) in the company’s newly opened urgent care center located in Antioch, Illinois. For full-time positions, the MA will typically work 4 scheduled shifts a week, rotating 12, 8 and 6-hour shifts among MAs (including a fair share of evening, weekend, and holiday shifts). This opportunity affords working in a brand new, fully equipped urgent care medical facility, which includes electronic medical records, an onsite digital X-ray suite and laboratory, and fully functional exam and procedure rooms.
Our client is a premier, fast-growing independent operator of neighborhood walk-in medical clinics located in Lake County, IL, with locations in Antioch and Waukegan. They deliver high-quality, timely and affordable care in a convenient setting for those seeking immediate medical treatment for sudden illness or injury. The Company operates a fully equipped, state-of-the-art licensed medical facility, utilizing the latest procedures and technologies, and is open Monday-Friday from 8:00am - 8:00pm, and Saturday/Sunday from 9:00am - 5:00pm, 363 days/year.
- Assist with triage of patients (taking vitals, documenting reason for visit, document patient history, allergies) and document all information into EMR system accurately.
- Assist provider with patient examination, procedures and treatments.
- Thoroughly educate and provide explanation of procedures to patients and family members as directed.
- Perform basic medical procedures and tests under provider supervision (i.e. injections, strep test, flu tests, ear flush, EKG’s, spirometry, splinting fractures and sprains).
- Adheres to established policies and procedures in wearing personal protective equipment when performing duties (i.e. gloves, masks, goggles).
- Draw blood for lab work.
- Schedule patients for outside imaging studies, lab work and/or specialist appointments.
- Contact patients with test results within 24 hours of receiving results.
- Must work early and late shifts as needed and self-coordinate for any absences.
- Maintain current knowledge and skills in clinical practice; attend required in-service training and continuing education to maintain professional certification.
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a physician office or ambulatory care setting preferred.
- Comfortable treating patients ages 6 months and older.
- Excellent bedside manner, strong people skills and a positive attitude/personality.
- Maintain an intense work ethic and be able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrate skills and abilities in clinical, patient care and administrative areas.
- Understanding of basic medical terminology.
- Ability to assess patient’s symptoms and relay effectively and accurately to the provider.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and individually with little supervision and instruction.
- Sense of urgency in addressing patients and working with staff within all areas of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively and courteously collaborate with patients and families, management, clinical staff and physicians.
- Knowledge of computer functions and ability to navigate electronic medical record system.
- Organizational skills necessary to maintain efficient workflow.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive patient and employer information.
- Ability to adjust responsibilities to accommodate a fast-paced work environment while maintaining excellent customer service and staff interaction.
- Ability to communicate effectively in Spanish and English, both verbally and written.
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by:
- Competitive hourly wage with perks and bonuses.
- Generous and robust benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance; employer-paid life and personal accident insurance; 401(k) retirement plan (available to employees after one full year of service); and vacation/paid time off (PTO).
- Opportunity for continued growth as we expand.
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Our client is a NON-SMOKING facility! They drug screen, fingerprint background check with national law enforcement agencies, verify all references and complete employment history.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.