Medical Practice Manager (Huntsville)
- Job Title
- Medical Practice Manager (Huntsville)
- Job ID
- Huntsville, TX
- Other Location
The Medical Practice Manager is responsible for the oversight and leadership in developing and directing the daily operations of the clinic.
Standard hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Serves as a clinic resource to the staff regarding clinic operations, quality, patient experience, and staff engagement.
- Works collaboratively with medical and administrative staff.
- Coordinates, manages, and operates all clinic activity including the interpretation of clinical and administrative policies and procedures.
- Manages, monitors and documents the performance management/appraisal process for staff establishing work standards and expectations by providing feedback regularly.
- Mentors, coaches and develops staff to accomplish goals; takes responsibility for identifying developmental needs and creating action plans to enhance growth and development of the team.
- Develops and maintains clinic schedule.
- Interfaces with patients, providers, and staff to resolve patient satisfaction issues.
- Is the first line contact for providers and staff needing information or support regarding daily clinical operations of the practice.
- Performs safety and infection control procedures to ensure a safe and clean environment.
- Assists in developing and monitoring the clinic budget and generating practice operational or clinical reports as needed.
- Demonstrates proficiency in information technology and Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Replaces failing and outdated equipment and ensures that the practice has adequate amounts of supplies as needed
- Analyzes daily workflow of clinical practice staff and implements changes as necessary in partnership with the leadership team.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and demonstrate strong initiative
- Plan and direct registration, eligibility, appointment scheduling, and check-in/check-out operations.
Registered Nurse (RN) with current Texas license.
Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Business, Health Service Administration or other relevant field from four-year college or university.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience management in healthcare clinic.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Lone Star Family Health Center (LSFHC) is an equal opportunity employer. The equal employment opportunity policy of LSFHC provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. LSFHC hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. LSFHC reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants. LSFHC provides a work environment in which each employee is able to be productive and work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all employees and applicants.