BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
- Job Title
- Detection Engineer
- Requirement ID
- Alexandria, VA
- Other Location
Required Security Clearance: Minimum Secret Clearance. In addition to clearance requirement, all CBP personnel must have a current or be able to favorably pass a 5 year background investigation (BI).
- BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related field and 8 years of prior relevant experience with a focus on cyber security or Masters with 6 years of prior relevant experience.
Should have 5 years of experience serving as a digital media analyst or as a computer forensic analyst.
- Identify gaps in malicious activity detection capabilities
- Create new signatures / rules to improve detection of malicious activity
- Test and tune existing signatures / rules to ensure low rate of false positives
- Assist in playbook development for alert triage and Incident Response
- Define and implement alert and threat detection metrics, statistics, and analytics
- Recommend new tools/technologies to improve network visibility
- Support Incident Response and Forensic operations as required to include static/dynamic malware analysis and reverse engineering
- Author and maintain scripts for threat detection and automation
The Cyber Threat Detection Engineer SME shall have the following qualifications:
- In-depth knowledge of Firewalls/Proxies/Intrusion Detection Systems/ Domain Name Servers/DHCP/VPN and other network technologies and tools
- Experience updating, maintaining, and creating IDS variables within a complex enterprise network
- Expert in creating, modifying, tuning IDS signatures/SIEM Correlation Searches/yara rules and/or other detection signatures
- Familiarity with disk based forensic methodologies, Windows, and Linux forensic artifacts
- Experience with Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) tools such as Carbon Black, Tanium, Crowdstrike, etc
- Able to create, modify, update, and maintain Python and Powershell scripts that enhance endpoint detection capabilities
- In-depth knowledge of attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Author, test, and maintain automation scripts within SOAR platform
- SANS Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
- SANS Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA)
- SANS Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) Certified Network Forensic Analyst (GNFA)
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills